12. Beach Is Better

Hey guys, sorry for the long delay for this chapter, I didn't really feel like writing for a little bit, but now I'm back. This is a pretty lenghty chapter, well it is in my google drive, so I expect some good detailed comments!

Read, add this to your library if you would like, and enjoy!

I hope you guys enjoy, and I love you guys for always supporting me!

- Keiana

12. Beach Is Better

Nia Riley

"Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere. Clean up, clean up." I sang to the little munchkins at Sunny Smiles daycare while Ms.Pat got the sign out sheet ready.

Today had gone by so fast, I felt like I hadn't even spent anytime with the kids. Coming to work was the highlight of my day, aside from taking pictures, the kids innocence and joy just made me so happy.

"Ms. Nia, my daddy's here." A random little boy tugged on the leg of my boyfriend jean and got my attention.

"Alright, go tell Ms. Pat and she'll help you." I pointed out Ms. Pat so he knew who I was talking about and he walked away from me.

Everyday new little kids came and went, so sometimes I didn't even know who they were. After the first parent came in more rushed in to claim their kids, and by 2:45 every child was gone. Damn today had flown by.

"Alright guys, I'll see you tomorrow." I said as I walked past Ms. Pat and my boss Mrs. Lisa.

"See you Nia!" They called back.

I walked out to my awaiting car and climbed into the driver seat without opening the door. The weather was perfect, so I was gonna drive with the top down and take some pictures at the beach. People loved beach shots.

I just had to head home and grab my things before I could go. I'd probably invite Claire with me if she wasn't busy.

Hey boo, what's up? - Nia

I set my phone in the passenger seat and reversed out of the parking lot. I drove a few minutes before stopping at a red light.

At a client's house :(, what's up boo? - Claire

Ah damn, I was gonna invite you to the beach with me. - Nia

Oh I'm sorry boo, I can't. I'll call you and we'll go out to dinner this week though! - Claire

Alright boo - Nia

I locked my phone and threw it back onto the chocolate leather. I guess it was just me and my camera today.

~

An hour later I was wearing a Forever 21 bikini underneath a maxi dress, and I had my camera bag around my body. My curly tangles were tied up into a large bun on top of my head, and I was wearing some black leather Birkenstocks.

I walked out of my apartment and locked my door. Just as I was about to walk down the hall to the elevator Chris left his apartment.

"Hey neighbor." He smiled and locked his door as well. Ugh he was so fine, it was a crime for someone to look like that.

"Hey how're you?"

"I'm good, about to grab some food. You?" We made conversation as we walked in sync to the elevator.

"I'm about to go to the beach and take some pictures." I responded.

"By yourself?" He looked surprised.