Third stage part 3

Third person pov

The man slowly removed his fist from the gaping hole in the girls stomach. She lay frozen in a pool of her own blood, her once bright orange jumpsuit turning into a dark crimson. "This was her destiny." The man said, not once removing his blank gaze from the lifeless figure.

"You how? What? How could you?" An enraged cry came from the other side of the arena. Kurapika's fist were clenched as his eyes flashed from their usual grey colour to a shocking red.

"I was merely doing what I was told. What do you expect? I'm a criminal." The man stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I'm going to kill you!" Leorio shouted as his vision began to blur.

"Naruko. Naruko chan. Wake up." A desperate voice pleaded, leaving the arena in pure silence. "It''s not funny." Gon said with large hopeful eyes and a pained smile pinned onto his face. Killua kept his head down, afraid to look at Naruko in fears of having his suspicions confirmed. Death wasn't a new thing to the young boy, he was a trained assassin after all. It wasn't his first time witnessing a murder and his hands weren't exactly clean either. Yet the thought of death and Naruko combined was something that struck a fear in Killua's heart. A pain that he had never felt before.

"Then without a further ado I declare this ba-" The voice said about to confirm the winner when it was suddenly cut off when a bright red light flashed, blinding the people in the arena for a few moments. When their vision was finally cleared the boys were appalled to see that the girl had disappeared.

"Give her back you murderer!" Leorio shouted at the man, desperately trying to find a way over the gap to the centre of the ring. The man looked down in front of him to where the girl should be lying dead, only to see the pool of blood bubbling from the intense heat that was being produced from it. When the man blinked he found himself lying on the ground, his breath knocked out of him with an agonising pain in his back. He turned his head only to come face to face to with razor sharp claws that were millimetres away from digging into his eyes. He could feel the sweat begin to pour off him in bullets and the thumping of his heart, echoing in his ears. The claws disappeared from his vision as he let out a breath he didn't realise he was holding. The relief was only short as he felt hands wrap around his neck, slowly draining the life out of him. His body was brutally lifted off the ground as he was forced to face the four boys who had looked like they had seen a ghost. His neck began to burn as he felt the waves of heat that pulsated from the persons hands.

"Wh-o a-are y-ou?" The man managed to wheeze out as he tried to remove the persons iron grip from his neck. He was quickly flung back to the floor again where he landed painfully on his face. He immediately began to take in greedy gulps of air as he rubbed the forming bruises on his nape. The man finally got up, dragging his gaze up to meet two piercing red eyes, that reflected endless amounts of hatred. He felt shivers run up his spine as he felt an overwhelming killing intent being directed at him. He scanned the figure only to recognise their blonde locks and whiskers that seemed to be sketched onto her face more prominently. But what really caught his attention was the two almost translucent red tails that swung behind her dangerously. "What sort of monster?" The man whispered, horrified with the girl standing in front of him. Naruko gave him a demonic smile, flashing her alarmingly sharp teeth. "I killed you." He said, inspecting her body that seemed untouched beside the hole in her jumpsuit. "You died. That was your destiny. So why?" He asked in utter confusion as he felt himself drop onto his knees.

"Fight me." The girl demanded, her voice dropping two octaves lower. She sounded nothing like the determined young soul he had fought just a while ago. It was almost like she had been replaced with something so much more evil. "Get up." She said, her eyes narrowing as the man continued to look at her motionless. Her tail immediately stretched out, wrapping around his body in a death squeeze and lifting him back onto his feet. The man seemed to have snapped out of his trance as he got back into his fighting stance.

"I beat you once. I can do it again." He said confidently as Naruko eyes blazed, causing the tails to jerk behind her uncontrollably. A red ooze surrounded and coated her body, occasionally bubbling and popping around her.

"Kurapika san. Whats going on?" Gon asked Kurapika who's eyes were glued onto the blonde haired girl. "That's Naruko chan right?" He questioned hesitantly as Kurapika could only give him an uneasy nod.

The man dashed towards the girl who hissed at him before pouncing up and landing just inches behind him. She swung her claws at him which supposedly missed until he felt a sharp pain on his chest. He saw that the red ooze had extended from her hand into a sharp edge that had managed to slice him. He cursed slightly before springing away from the girl. The girl holding no pity for him didn't give the man any chance to recover. She barricaded him with a series of complicated punches that he was able to dodge in the last second. Each punch that met the ground left a large crater behind which didn't seem to faze the girl at all. The man could only dodge for so long until his body began to ache and his legs grew heavy, giving the girl the perfect opportunity to strike. She crouched onto the ground in a feline like stance and sprang forward digging her sharp nails into the man chest. His eyes grew wide before a numbness began to spread through his body, his legs crumpling beneath him. Naruko yanked her hand out of her chest as she hissed at the man who fell to the ground.

"I-t w-was m-my destiny." The man choked out in a voice just a before a whisper. "T-to win h-here a-and f-fina-ly be ab-le to lea-ve. Mayb-e e-even s-see my sist-er and a-apologise." He wheezed, grasping onto the wound into his chest. His breathing become more laboured as tears gathered at his eyes, trailing down his face, one after another. "You were suppose to lose, so I could win." He said clearly although the struggle on his face was obviously evident. The four boys could only stare at the man who went from being arrogant to vulnerable in a number of minutes. The red ooze began to seep back into the girls body as her knees buckled, causing her to fall next to the man. He looked at her to see that her eyes had returned to their original blue colour. "Finally back to yourself?" He asked in a voice so soft Naruko could barely even here it. Naruko didn't understand but nodded at the man who had seemed to be in such bad condition. What happened to him she wondered in worry. She was completely exhausted but dragged her body over to him and inspected his wounds. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw the enormous hole in his chest and his face that seemed to grow ashen by the second. The man gave her a small smile as he came to realise that the girl had no recollection of what had happened when she was in 'that form'. "Don't worry." He said as he lifted his hand to touch her face. "You proved me wrong." The man said as the girls hands began to shake and lip start to tremble.

"You're going to be alright osan. Just let me, let me help." Naruko assured him, trying not to let her voice waver as she desperately tried to figure out how she could treat him.

"My name is Bendot Miyagi. My sister's name is Haruka she lives in yorknew city, if you see her around tell her I'm sorry and to check in the box." He asked her as she nodded her head, unable to utter a word. "You're a good kid ya know? If my daughter was still in this world I think she would be about the same age as you." He said while letting out a small laugh which soon turned to heaving and coughing. "But you were right. I don't believe in that destiny crap." He said for the final time with a genuine smile that spread across his face. As he took in a slow breath he shut his eyes, never to open them again.

~~~~~~

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Sorry for taking so long to update :( I've been super busy. I hope you liked the new chapter <3

Thanks for commenting, voting and reading!

xxx

A