Chapter 3

Max's POV: Wood Scouts

    I sat curled up in a ball in the corner of the room, sore from the many bruises scattered around my body. I grinded my teeth together in anger and tightly gripped my uniform. Today had been even worse than the first day with the wood scouts. I had fallen out of a ropes course and landed on my arm. But of course the Wood Scouts didn't care if it was broken or not. I suddenly heard a soft knock on my door. I shuddered at the noise, as it was completely silent before. I could only hear my own shaky breath. I was silent as the door opened, hoping it wasn't Edward or one of the other Wood Scouts coming in to harass me again. In came Edward. I froze in fear pretending that if I stayed still then he would not see me. He marched over to me looking down at my poor shaking body.
"Get up you poor excuse for a boy," he spat.
I couldn't move. I was frozen with fear. Edward grabbed my by my hoodie and jerked me onto my feet. "I said GET UP!"  I was trembling as I stood still as a statue. "Come with us, we are locking you up."  Edward said as he got way too close to my face. I slowly stepped back.
"W-w-why are you locking me up?" I asked, my voice trembling.
"David was seen in your camps poor excuse for a row boat yesterday night during the storm. The Wood Scouts need bigger and better training courses so we need more campground. I am sure David would give up camp in a second to save a camper." Edward followed up that statement with a slow evil laugh. He then grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room I was in and down a long hallway. Then Edward swiftly picked me up and threw me into a dark room. I landed on my shoulder on the hard dirt floor. The only light in the room was slowly decreasing due to the fact that the huge metal door was closing as Edward left the room.
"Wait!" I shouted as I stumbled to my feet and pounded on the door. I slowly sank down to the floor of the room, my shoulder aching. I started to wonder, would David actually give up Camp Campbell for me? No. No one would ever do that for me, even David. I had treated David like crap since day one at camp and now it was coming to haunt me. Then I realized that no one was ever going to take me out of this room. I was going to die in here, all alone, and no one would even care. So I curled up in a ball and sobbed.

Jaspers POV: Spooky Island

    I looked a Davey with a blank stare. I could not believe this was him! My old friend from Camp Campbell, we did everything together. Well, at least we did before I the last day of Camp Campbell. One night after the other parents came to pick their kid up. I looked at all of the parents and I did not see mine. Eventually, Davey and I were the last ones left. Davey's parents appeared in a grey jeep. Davey and I exchanged our goodbyes. I gave him my LA gear light up shoes. I wanted them to be with someone who I trusted and knew they would take care of them. I wanted to make sure he would never forget me. Just then, Davey's parents swiftly took him away before I could speak to him, little did I know that would  be the last time I saw him until today. My parents were the best parents ever, and I sat there wondering where they were. I hoped they were stuck in traffic or forgot today was the last day of camp. It was nighttime and Gregg and Darla instructed me to get some sleep with sympathetic faces. I rolled my eyes. I started to think my parents had stopped loving me. I decided that I did not wish to see them ever again! I ran back to my tent to get my white sneakers that I packed just in case, then I grabbed a row boat and went to spooky island.
It was dark out but soon enough I hit the island and sat on the grassy ground. I heard I noise in the bushes and cautiously turned my head around. To my surprise it was just the platypus. I wanted to be alone and I was not in the mood to put up with the platypus so I threw a rock at it. The next thing I knew it turned around and kicked me across my chest. I felt a sharp pain and I knew there I was in grave danger. Slowly, my body got weaker and I was unable to move. The world slowly got darker until I felt nothing.