Plans

The next day, you and Gwen hung out as you had the day before, but David carried a whole new demeanor, especially around you. He commented on how surprised he was that he could remember everything. "Well, it's a lot different than getting drunk. With alcohol, you never know what's gonna happen, and you rarely remember it. But with weed, all you get is HHS." He raised a brow. "HHS?" "Hungry, Happy, Sleepy!" you replied with a grin. He giggled. "Sorry, by the way, for, you know... you were right about it making me, um... affectionate." "Hey, don't sweat it!" you smirked, playfully hitting his arm. "I thought it was cute." 

He rubbed the back of his neck. "O-oh, really?" You giggled, "Yeah, it was adorable. You were all like, 'One more time, one more time!' Even though we weren't even smoking anymore. It was super sweet." David's cheeks flushed pink. "Maybe my brain was just associating it with getting more high..." You laughed. "Nah, I think you just wanted to kiss me." You crossed your arms, smirking up at him. He choked on his tongue. "I, uh- I think it was just- uh- uhm..." he fidgeted with his fingers, searching his surroundings for an excuse as his cheeks turned pink. You giggled. "I'm just joking! Settle down!" you smiled and rubbed his arm softly. "No, but really, sometimes weed just makes you hella affectionate. It happens to me, too. I don't mind at all. Especially if it means I have an excuse to shotgun a cute guy who wandered into my tent." You smirked, then stopped and searched his eyes. 

"Hey... what were you doing in the cabin, anyway?" His soft expression turned to one of sheer panic and guilt. "I, uh, I was just checking to see if you guys needed anything! You know, since Gwen left the cabin on her own... I figured she went with you, since you guys were hanging out all day." You searched his face, though he refused to make eye contact. He knew you didn't believe him for a second. "Oh, you were spying, weren't you?" You playfully hit his arm. "No!" he said quickly, his cheeks beginning to flush. "You can't fool me! You basically ripped that tent open like you were trying to catch us in the act of... I don't know, talking shit? It that what you were all worked up about?" You laughed. "No! I wasn't! I was trying to scare you!" "So you were trying to scare us, not check up on us?" David bit his lip as his excuse shattered to pieces. You smirked, knowing you caught him. You broke into laughter. 

"Whatever, I'm glad you did it anyway! That was super fun." you smiled. He gave you a small smile back. "Me too." "For whatever reason, I thought you would be one of those people who are like, 'Oh my god, you smoke weed?! Lazy millennial scum!'" You said with an absurdly scratchy and high pitched voice. He laughed. "No," he chuckled. "Though I was kind of reluctant to try it. You know, until you held me hostage in your tent," he added, with false casualty. "Hey, you were the one who busted into my tent! You let out a whole bunch of smoke, too. Breaking a hotbox is punishable by kidnapping," you said with a smirk. "Also punishable by stoning." You gave an exaggerated wink, pumping your arm to emphasize the awful pun you'd just made. He laughed. "What does that even mean?" "What, hotboxing?" you asked. He nodded with a hum. "Oh, it basically means smoking in a confined area so that the smoke you exhale gets trapped, and you keep breathing it in. It's why you started to get high without even smoking anything," you explained. He nodded. "I usually do it in my car, but it takes a lot of smoke to fill it up. The tent is pretty much the perfect size to get stoned." "Sorry about breaking it, then," he said. You smirked. "It's alright. You ended up more stoned than Gwen and I combined. That more than made up for it," you giggled. "Yeah, again, sorry about that," he chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "No, stop apologizing! It was adorable." you smiled. 

"So, when do you want to do it again?" he asked with a small smile. "How about tomorrow night?" You offered. He nodded eagerly. "Will Gwen be there?" He asked. "If she wants to, which I assume she will. My Mary Jane seems to be a saving grace to her," you chuckled. "It's a date, then," he said cherrily, then stopped. "I mean, not like a date date," he corrected himself. You pouted, sticking out your bottom lip. "Damn." "U-Unless you want it to be!" he said quickly. You giggled. "I'm just jokin' with ya, David. Call it what you wanna call it." You nudged him, winking at him with a smile before you turned around to start activities for the day.