second half

Walking in a void of empty black were two silhouettes who varied in stature.

Noah sighed as she remembered the feeling of being dragged into the darkness, darkness of whatever it was to fear.

Innate human emotions and audacious thoughts.

It was way more frightening than this man, who currently held her small hand in his gloved one.

"Your name was. . . Oddman, wasn't it?"

She threw a query to break the silence.

Noah wasn't someone who disliked the feeling of isolation, but the tranquility of the air that circulated between her and Oddman was quite intimidating.

It was as if it had an intention.

A mind of its own.

"Yes, that's correct. What brings you to this question, Noah?"

The way he said her name was chilling, almost familiar.

"Nothing, really. It just kind of suits you."

"Indeed it does."

Oddman stated, his voice taking on a slightly different tone.

Of frendliness or of wary manner, the grey-eyed girl couldn't distinguish.

It wasn't important.

"Where are we going, Oddman?"

Noah asked once more, after a few ticks of silence in the everlasting hue of ebony.

"Oh, you're curious by now?"

The tall being paused.

"It's a fun place, Noah. A place which is there, for those who aren't human."

His silken garments swished in the silence, the sound of the material soothing the girl's ears.

It resounds.

Again.

For each step.

Accompanied by the clicking of his boots as they tapped away on something akin to that of a surface, in this empty void that didn't seem to be close to ending.

Noah nodded, casting her eyes downwards.

It was a queer feeling, walking on nothing but the reflected face of a human's desires.

"Do you feel scared? I can't tell."

Oddman moved his neck to look at the small girl, his strange head standing out as white as it was. It seemed to look like bones, or a mask, or a remainder of something as fragile as sanity.

She shook her head.

"Somehow, it feels very comfortable."

"I see. That's good to hear."

No wind blew past them, and nothing else happened other than the slight cracking of a side of the empty dimension. From there, little seams of light seemed to dance, which caught Noah's attention.

Oddman seemed to notice this too, but he started walking faster, having Noah face forward and ignore the light. Strange.

All of a sudden, she felt herself grow dizzy once again, as if she had been caught in a quizzical daydream.

She knew she was in the dark, but several images flashed before her eyes.

Ripples and waves in something that could be considered the surface of a body of water danced in her vision, and she remembered the dream she had been seeing.

A woman.

Singing.

To a child.

In the dark. . .

"Noah, we're here."

Oddman's voice startled her, snapping her out of the unexpected stupor.

Opening her eyes wider, she couldn't help but feel quite displaced.

Infront of her, there lay a fancy circus that could easily shame the word 'extravagant'.

It was more than beautiful.

Ribbons of gold and tents of silver marred the barren land, standing there painfully as if it was a scar that cracked the earth apart.

Compared to someone like her, who had been raised up in a rabble, the circus was very. . .

Amazing.

"This is the home of those like me, us, non-humans."

Noah stood silent, absorbing the circus' every detail and implanting it piece by piece into the inside of her memory.

"Oddman. . . Is that head natural?"

A question came out, causing Oddman to chuckle.

"Yes, it is, Noah. I just told you that this is a home to thoe who aren't humans."

It was something else, this world was.

It wasn't fantastic.

It wasn't dashing, nor was it stupendous.

It was real.

***

So I decided to restart the game because, apparently, I missed some stuff at several game points. So yeah, I'm probably gonna get a better feel of this thing. xDDD