Prologue

'Shit shit shit!' This statement repeated itself in his head as he ran. His face burned from a deep cut that started at his left cheek, went across his nose, and ended on his right cheek. The metallic taste was getting harder to ignore as he panted.

He needed to keep running. He can't stop running. He just got free, and he isn't getting killed now, if all times. He maneuvered his way through Central Park, both thankful and annoyed at the fact that it was night, and no one was out for a late-night walk. The thing behind him had been following him since he first got out of that hellhole called an apartment.

Suddenly he tripped on some branch that seemed to appear out of nowhere. A roar could be heard behind him. He cussed as he turned to look at the beast.

A monster that looked to be part man and part bull loomed over him. A fucking Minotaur was chasing. A Minotaur! Do you know how crazy that is? This thing shouldn't have even existed. It was a myth, and myths are fantasy.

The bull-man huffed, and the boy could smell its breath.

"Boy, does your breath smell bad. I mean, do you even know what a breath mint, let alone what an actual mint, is? If you want, I think there are some in my bag." The boy sassed with a small smile. The beast roared at the boy. "So that's a no?"

The Minotaur put a shiny golden ax against the child's neck. The boy looked at his reflection. He looked like he was ten, even though he was eight. His hair was a complete mess, and his once bright sea-green eyes were now dull. The cut on his face was so deep he was sure that it would leave a deep scar.

The bull pushed the ax closer to where it drew blood.

'Shit!' The boy thought. 'Looks like I might be joining you sooner rather than later mom.'

The monster moved the ax away, getting ready to slam it against the boy's neck. Suddenly the boy did something that probably wouldn't work at all.

"HELP ME!" He screamed. He knew he was going to die, and no one would help him, but he had to try anyway.

As he thought, no one came. The Minotaur smirked as he started swinging his ax. Suddenly a black sword went through the bull's gut. The beast screamed in pain as it dropped its ax, which the blunt end landed on the boy's leg, causing the child to yell in pain. Soon all that was left of the beast was golden dust that the wind carried away.

The child looks at the person who saved him. He was a very tall, imposing and very muscular god with albino white skin, intense black eyes that "glitter like frozen tar," and were either the eyes of a genius or a madman, and having a mesmerizing, evil charisma, and shoulder-length black hair with bangs covering most of his forehead.

"Are you alright, child?" The man asked.

"Y-yeah." The kid stuttered. "But that ax got my leg pretty badly."

The man nodded before tossing the ax off of his leg.

"I can take you to my place and get you healed up. Then you can leave and go back to wherever you came from." He told the child.

"Wait! I-I don't even know your name! Or that I can trust you!" The child told him.

"Trust me, if I were trying something, I would have done so by now, and my name is Hades." The man, now known as Hades, told the child.

"I'm Percy. Can you carry me? I don't think I can walk." The child asked after introducing himself. The older man nodded and picked up Percy. He started walking to a dark tree. Percy was about to say that they were about to run into it until they walked through it and came out in a completely different place. He suddenly felt exhausted. Probably from the adrenaline rush ending.

His eyes closed without his permission, and he fell asleep.

Words: 700
Ok, so by the end of the day today, all story's I have will be restarted with a new prologue. The only one without a new prologue will be the son of order. I hope you all enjoy the edited version.
-Red