Leaving The Past

Once upon a time, there was a girl name Emilia Angelic Dorr. She was the beautiful girl in her hometown and in her school. People admired her, have a crushed on her and even all the girls feeling jealous of her beauty.

Emilia was the attention in her school, some of the guys asked her out but they were all turn down. She could make straight girl into gay and gay guy turns straight. It was really hard to not define her beauty.

But to everyone doesn't know were that she never likes herself nor her beauty. She feels like the beauty that was given to her was a curse. She hates it when all the attention was on her. She really hates it.

She even convinces her family to keep all of the people out of her life. She even locked herself in her room and never coming out for the whole day. Her parents feel pity on her, so they decided that it is time for them to move out from the town so her loving daughter won't feel insecure about herself.

And that's when Emilia feel happy again after finding out that her parents decided to move out from the town and went to somewhere Emilia feels safe can be herself again.

"Mom, Dad?" Emilia called for her parents but didn't see them at all. She feels weird, after moving out her parents suddenly become distance in her life like they don't need her or hate her.

"Mom, Dad!" shouts Emilia searching every place in the house. She then heard a shuffling from the living room that just a few feet away from her. She was scared what if some killer breaks into her house.

Emilia walked slowly and what surprised her to see a big sign written HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILIA ANGELIC DORR 18 YEARS OLD. Emilia couldn't help but let out happy tears to see her parents set this up for her.

"Happy birthday sweetie" says her mother while hugging her and kisses her cheek. Her dad soon joins and then brings her to blow the candle on the cake. She looks from her dad then her mom; she then hugs them tightly while thanking them for this.

"Since you already turns 18, we will like you to have this key. It's where your new place, but don't forget to come here every once in a month" says her dad with playful attitudes.

Emilia was taken aback by what her dad said; she didn't even know that they bought her new home and moreover a new car as well. She feels like a spoiled child that wants everything and will it.

A year later

"Emi, you join or what?" asked her best friend Ivy.

"Nah, not today Ivy" answers Emilia while busy typing something on her laptop she didn't even looks up to see her friend face.

Ivy sighs to see her friend antics life style, she feels like after Emilia has been working with the big company. Her friend become so workaholic, she doesn't even join the fun with her best friend.

"Sorry Ivy but maybe next time" shouts Emilia after hearing the front door closed. After her friend left, she put aside the laptop and soon let out a heavy sigh as well.

It's been a year she and her best friend Ivy lives together since her parents bought this place for her. She remembers about her past and scared if she will be treated the same way as her old hometown. When she met Ivy, she was scared that Ivy only wants to be her friend because of her beauty but when she knows the truth she feel stupid and ashamed of herself.

She knows now that there are still people out there who will accept her as who she is; just like Ivy did. But she feel guilty for not joining her friends going out, it's not she doesn't like it or what. It just that it's not her life style. She loves to sit at home and hangs around while doing her own things.