Chapter 1

"Wake the fuck up!" I heard before something hard fell on my face. My eyes opened and then I saw my mother with an angry expression on her face.

"Get the fuck out!" She said and I rolled my eyes every morning it was like this, like she didn't know who the hell I was. But then again she didn't, she never got to know me. I lived with my father my whole life in the woods, we had a different life from everyone else.

I was happy, but someone had to take that happiness away from me by taking him away from me forever. Taking me away from what I knew, from what I love. Now I have to live with someone that blood runs through my veins but still I don't know her, we don't have the same life, we don't think the same.

She has fun drinking and having me do things around the house while she just watches tv, while I find fun walking through the woods, sitting in them and take a breath looking around. That was my fun and calm place, I've always felt connected to the woods somehow, I felt them talk to me in a way. I sometimes thought I was crazy but my father always said that the woods were alive and could communicate with people, that if you just listen to it, it would talk to you, he said that people never listen to it, that they chose to ignore it's crying everytime they cut a tree.

"Alright." I said and got up getting dressed in some jean shorts and a black crop top with my underwear and some black running shoes and got out my window jumping the two store house and to the woods.

It was cold and kinda dark yet, it was 5:30 in the morning after all. A normal person wouldn't be here at this time. But then again I'm not normal, this is my safe place. Always has, always will be, I grew up here. This was the place my father and me used to live in.

The house was destroyed a month ago, but I still came here. This was still my land even if I was only 17 years old. I would be 18 next month anyway, and I was making sure that the day that happens I would start building my house out here again. I was already working and earnings money for it though it would only be to get the needed tools. The woods will provide me with the rest, I knew how to build things, my father had thought me and I loved helping him.

I had no school if you were wondering before, never have. I was home school and I liked it that way, I liked being with my father in the woods away from the judging people. From the oblivious people that didn't appreciate what was in front of them.

But now they made me live in the city with the person they call my mother that blood ran through me, but I didn't consider her one. Mom and dad always fought because my father had a different view of life from her's and then he took me away, not that she minded, she didn't want a child to 'ruin her life' like she said.

"What are you doing here?" I heard and I jump and when I turned there stud a guy, a handsome guy to be exact. He had no shirt on and only had shorts and bare feet. He had amber eyes and dark brown hair, he looked much taller than me and a lot buffer from muscles.

"I think I should be the one asking you that." I said surprised to see someone here at this time and the fact that he was drop dead gorgeous.

"You shouldn't be here." He said looking me in the eyes

"And who are you to tell me that? This is my land after all." I said looking him in the eyes as well.

"You should leave." He said glaring at me and I almost laughed at him.

"I'm not leaving." I said getting up from the spot on the floor were I sat a while ago and walked to one of the trees touching it with a smile as I started to climb it.

For anyone else it would have been an impossible mission but not for me, I was used to climbing on trees all the way to the top and have a great view of what was around me.

"Get down from there you're gonna get hurt." I heard the guy say and I stopped taking a seat in a steady branch.

"If you think that then you clearly don't know me." I said with a smile as the guy looked away from me, taking a breath

"Please come down I don't want you getting hurt." He said and looked at me with a face that a cute little puppy would give when it's pleading.

"Alright but only on one condition." I said with a little smirk.

"What is it?" He asked looking at me curiously I was like maybe 15-20 feet up.

"You have to catch me." I said and his eyes widen as I let myself fall closing my eyes. I don't know what made me trust him so much as to the point to trust him with my life but I did. Maybe because I wanted his arms around me, I wanted to feel him and I didn't know why.

"That was reckless." I heard his voice and I felt warmth, I opened my eyes to find myself in his arms and our faces so close to each other that I could feel him breathing, I could feel his eyes on my lips and I felt how much he wanted me, how he wanted to kiss me and be with me right now. I felt his thoughts -his dirty thoughts- and I felt myself heat up from his thoughts... wait, I could feel his thoughts?

"You can feel it can't you?" He asked putting me down but not letting me go. I didn't answer he already knew the answer, he knew how confused I was right now.

"How?" I asked and I heard him growl, much like an animal would.

"You won't get it." He said looking away from me and I cough his perfect face in my hand making him look at me and I saw how his eyes got darker and his body started heating up even more.

"Try me." I said and he looked in my eyes and then at my lips. He growled again closing his eyes looking for self control, self control that I was taking away from him. And then he opened his eyes, completely dark brown eyes and he kissed me, roughly. This was going too fast and I don't even know his name. But there was something adictive about his lips that didn't let me pull back. When we pulled back I looked him in the eyes and I dragged my view down till I saw a tattoo on his toned chest. It had a pattern I've never seen before and that's when I looked back in his now dark eyes as they looked at me hungrily.

"I am not what you think I am." Was all he said before leaving..