Chaptet 30

Draco's POV

My family never left Malfoy manor once I was pulled from Hogwarts. I snuck out every once and a while to see her. I sent her an owl when my father was preoccupied. The dark lord's presence was taking a toll on him. It was nearly the summer now and potter will be 17 soonish. I can't help but feel that heather will get into danger. My mother paced around my room, she had been staying close to me for comfort.
"I saw your owl return yesterday Draco. Where did he go?" she asked. Crap.
"Just out for a fly" I lied.
"Draco, do not keep lies from me." she sighed.
"I can't tell you. you know very well that the dark lord can see into our minds and it is hard enough to keep it from him with just mine." I told her.
"I am strong Draco, please tell me what worries you so," she said to me.
"It's only a girl, mother," I sighed rubbing my temple.
"A Slytherin?" She asked. I nodded slightly. "Why worry then?"
"Mother she... she was adopted from..... muggles..." I mumbled. She let out a slight gasp.
"Draco.... Do you love her?" she asked sighing.
"I... I think so." I answered.
"And does she love you?"
"She's upset with me because of my reaction to her telling me that she's a muggle born. I feel that she does still love me but I know she is frightened" I said.
"She should be frightened Draco, her kind is in much danger!" my mother yelled. She sighed and composed herself. "After this is all over, you two will be together. Now.. tell me, what is she like?"
I smiled to myself. "She's beautiful, so smart too, pretty quiet but so funny. she's sweeter than molasses, she hangs out with Potter but we all have our flaws" I chuckled. "She's resilient and her smile will melt your heart,"
"She sounds amazing." my mother smiled.
"She is," I agreed. "I'm sure she wants nothing to do with me though. and I can't even keep her safe now"
"Draco, don't worry about it. we will keep her safe. Mudblood or not, you love her," she reassured me then smirked.
"What?" I asked.
"My little boy is in love," she chuckled. Indeed I am.