Chapter 5

Today was the first day of nine grade . Finally in high school . What I thought would be the best time of my life .. Was the worstI walked downstairs seeing my mother sleeping with Jackson . I looked at the clock seeing I had ten minutes to get school .

Diego was late . He got his license in the beginning of summer . He promise that'll he would take us to breakfast after our huge fight the other nightMy dad took the car last night after he beat my mom .

I pulled my phone out texting Diego .

ME : Where are you ?

I locked my phone .

10 minutes later still no answer .

I looked out the window and it was raining hard . I sighed hard . Lately Diego and I been fighting and we never fight . Maybe he just doesn't love no more . I kissed my moms forehead and then Jackson's and made my way to the door .

The school was a two mile walk .

I walked in the school wet to head to toe . Then my whole world stop .

Diego turned his head from the girl he was kissing to me .

" Shit ! Elora wait !" He yelled as I ran outta the school .

Diego grabbed my arm spinning me around . As I faced him , my hand that I had no control over made contact with his face . He held his face in shock . As I smacked him as hard as I could.