Noise

The lights of the police car flash red and blue. The bullet-like rain hit the windows. The sirens, they don't stop. Nothing has; not since last night.  "It's always around me, all this noise but not really as loud as the voice saying... 'let it happen, let it happen'"  I whisper to myself as I lay on the cold hard floor. 

He was on TV. He was on TV.

My face was leaning against the palm of my hand as I stared blankly at the chalkboard. All the words Ms. Miller was saying went in one ear and out the other. I looked over towards Jennifer, beautiful as always. I felt my leg start fidgeting and I was now leaning against both my palms. I was swooning over this cute, dim witted, brunette with neon clothing.

I turned over to the "quiet kid"; I wonder what's on his mind. The bell rings but my eyes are still set on him. I get goosebumps, "yo! Chris, c'mon let's go play Space Invaders!" Jason had grabbed my shoulder and like that, with a blink of the eye, it felt as if the kid were never there; gone. 

"Are you really still going on about Jennifer? Dude, it's never gonna happen." Jason keeps insisting I give up on her, but my heart argues otherwise. "It will, I'll make sure it does." I grinned to myself, I've liked her since 5th. We've interacted at least 20 times. "Whatever dude, just remember this: M, I, C, H, E, A, L" Jason spelled out. I frowned, "you know how I feel about that word.", he grinned sheepishly, "that's why I didn't say it" I rolled my eyes. We had been talking and eating popcorn for hours now. "Hey, have you ever spoken to that one kid that's always quiet?" I asked Jason. He furrowed his eyebrows, "there's plenty of quiet kids. What class?", "Miller." He gave me a look of confusion and shook his head. Strange, Jason knew everyone. I shrugged it off, it didn't matter. 

I looked at my wristwatch, 6:00 pm. "J, I'mma start heading out." I said as I got up and stretched. "I'll walk you home, darling" Jason said in a sing-songy voice. I let out a laugh before I said my goodbye to his father. It was cold out, the sun was setting. I looked down and smiled, "thanks, J", he furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you thanking me for?", I shrugged. I don't know why I said it, but in all honesty, I'm grateful to have Jason. I only have him, after all. I'm an only child and he's the closest to a brother I'll ever get the chance to have. My parents fight constantly. It used to bother me but, my savior, Jason seemed to take notice and just had me stay over at his place. 'Home' was only a place to sleep at, my parents unsurprisingly didn't care about me missing out on them , I guess you can put it.

Jason grabbed my hand, looked around and walked us towards the side of my house where our lemon trees hid us. My parents were either asleep or gone, nothing new. 

 I lived in a quiet neighborhood where only families with kids and pets lived in. Nobody from school lived near me, in fact, Jason lived a block away. 

Jason wasn't talking. I could see his breathes becoming faster, a light blush on his cheeks and a pink nose. He still hasn't let go of my hand, "what's wrong, J..?" no eye contact. His left hand goes up to my cheek. My eyes widen, he quickly lets go and runs away. I'm at a loss for words. 

I stood there for a few moments, then I went through my backdoor and up to my room. The house was silent, which gave me a bittersweet feel. Sometimes I'd hope that one day it'd be full of warmth and laughter but, it's always cold and silent.

I slip into bed, I don't really have anything to stare at. I have no posters, no TV. I have a computer, in which I'd use for personal  reasons. 

I can't distract my mind from the events that happened earlier. Jason, Jason, Jason. He's all I can think about. In all honesty, I'm not really worried of being seen since it seems unlikely. I'm just wondering what's on Jason's mind.