Good or Bad News

Alexander POV

Charlie sat next to me biting his nails, his brother Colton paced back and forth while my legs kept on fidgeting for god knows how long.

After my phone call with Ally and the terrible sounds on her end, I went crazy and flip the whole god damn house upside down.

I called many hospitals to find out which they had taken my son and my wife.  When finally Charlie called me saying she was taken to Queens Hospital.  It seems Charlie was listed as her independent.  That will have to change.

It's been only minutes since I got here but It seemed like hours.  Especially when you keep glancing at your watch every ten seconds, time seems to move a lot slower.

Leaving the house in a frantic mode, Serena kept on hounding me.  When I had told her what had happened or heard she looked like she had expected it.  I wanted to question her but my mind and thoughts were completely full of Ally and Xan and questions kept on creeping up.

Serena stayed home while I'm at the hospital waiting for any news.

3 hours passed, just as I was ready to go commando on all their asses a man in a lab coat came towards us as we all stood up,
"Is the Campbell family here?" 

He looked at us as if he had some questions, "I'm looking for a family member?"  Charlie looked at me, "I'm her husband and the father of her son."

"Ah Mr. Campbell?"

"It's Mr. Reid."  He looked at me confused, "but please tell me what's going on with my family?"  My patience was wearing thin.

The Doctor cleared his throat, "I'm Dr. Goode, and the boy, your son has received minor scratches and bruises.  If it weren't for his mother shielding him in the process he would be more severely injured.

A breath of relief was release but wait, Ally shielded him?  Now I'm more worried then ever, "And my wife?"

I could see the doctor's eyes frown, "Ms. Campbell fractured her arm and received a head trauma due to the impact, fortunately  the front seats was able to received the most damage otherwise her and her son would have been crushed to death."

"So she'll be alright?"

"I can't say for sure as I have said she received a head trauma causing it to swell but we manage to contain it.  She needs to be monitor for the next 24 hours and she should wake up if not longer.  But for now her and the baby is alright."

Why do doctors never tell you a for sure thing, it is always in cryptic code and they always make it sound like everything is the end of the world when its really not.  Wait did he say baby, "Wait, what baby?"

"She's two months pregnant."

I had a shock expression on my face when Charlie slapped me on the back and Colton well he had a surprise look as well, "By the look on your face I take it you didn't know."  Doctor Goode eyed me up and down.  "Well congratulations." 

I was speechless.  Words cannot express the way I felt at that moment.  My Ally pregnant with my child.  I have a second chance to do this right.  This time I will be there for him or her."

As if on cue Charlie spoke, "May we see them."

"Of course."  The Doctor showed us the way and left.

All 3 of us entered, there on the bed laid Ally with tubes coming out of her.  Her arm bandage as well as her head.  She had scratches on her beautiful skin.  Next to Ally's bed was a crib with a sleeping Xan.  He looked so peaceful.  He doesn't look so bad.  I guess Ally had shielded him just fine, I am so glad my family is okay all 3 of them.