Shape: @DanielleKazemi

Winner of Paranormal Challenge 4: Paranormal Powers

Shape by DanielleKazemi

Robin Burke nursed her second glass of Coke, her eyes barely rising from her cell phone as

she scrolled through the latest feed. His name appeared again – Cody West. The perfect student, the star athlete, but no one talked of the nights he spent forcing himself onto younger women. The nights of torture they endured.

Across the bar, the scrape of metal against concrete sounded as the young man rose from his table of rowdy friends. His walk staggered, finger gesturing erratically, the way he brought his fist to his mouth. All the signs. With one final laugh, he stumbled out the front.

Robin rose, crossing the dim and smoky room. His friends paid no mind, thoughts wrapped in liquid. Her palm pushed the door as she crossed the threshold.

Ten yards to the right, eight to the left. A shortcut through back alleys filled with trash bins and stray dogs. A streetlight hung gloomily overhead with the yellow hue blurring everything.

As expected, Cody leaned against a chain link fence, emptying himself of what he imbued. Robin stepped loudly upon shards of broken bottles. He turned, his face white. "Robin? But you're -"

His words remained on his tongue as she shot, the bullet traveling through her fleece jacket pocket and into his chest. He fell against the fence, his body slumping onto the ground.

Robin smiled and leaned in close, her pink lips next to his ear. "That's for killing me." She took a step back, slinking once again into the shadows as Cody bled.

Returning to the Main Street, Robin shook her head, her chest shrinking, her frame growing wider and taller. Her beautiful visage changed into that of a man - her brother Robert.

As he crossed the street, he felt at ease. Finally, justice was done.

About DanielleKazemi

Paranormal creatures and activities have always played a large role in Danielle Kazemi's life ever since she was little and learned to pull her blanket to her neck so monsters didn't get her. She spends her time reading, writing, and researching creatures found throughout folklore and mythology. She has two little boys she's raising to appreciate the supernatural as she does.