Ch. 6 | Dangerous Waters

"So, why did you come all the way to Forks for the summer?" Alec questioned as we made our way through the growing party.

"My grandmother requested that I came to visit." I shrugged.

" Yeah, I guess it's just that.." he paused for a moment, and I arched my brow at him. "Edward hasn't ever mentioned you."

"We actually just met for the first time not long ago, just a few days now." I answered, blushing softly.

"Oh," he murmured softly, looking out at the waters. At the mention of Edward I began to scan the crowd, I didn't expect to find him; but it didn't take long and I was staring at him. He was glaring, as usual, but this time he wasn't glaring at me, but the one standing beside me. Alec.

"So, are you and Edward close?" I asked, frowning slightly as I felt the answer was a definite no.

"Well, we party together, but that's mostly because we have mutual friends, like Emmett, Jessica, and, well, pretty much my entire social circle. But Edward and I, close? No. Not particularly." He answered, leading me down to the long pier and walking ahead of me once we got there.

"So you talk to him all the time, hang with him every weekend but you're not friends?"

"Precisely." He shrugged.

"Can I ask why not?" I tipped my head to the side as he turned back around to face me.

He seemed to be thinking over his words, contemplating what would sound right.

"I have certain beliefs, Edward doesnt agree with them. We clash because of that."

"So its like, a religion thing?" I countered, trying to understand.

"More like.." he paused, sighing once, "a moral thing."

I cocked my eyebrow, not understanding.

"That is honestly all I can tell you."

"Right." I replied, feigning annoyance.

"Edward hasn't been able to pry his eyes from us all night." Alec murmured, his gaze fixating on something behind me. I turned around and followed his gaze, surprisingly this time I wasnt met with an angry glare. There was something in his stare that I just didnt recognize.

"Yeah," I sighed. 

"I'm going to get us some more drinks, I'll be back in a flash." Alec murmured, taking my empty bottle from my hand as he walked away.

I turned back facing the water and walked to the end, crossing my arms over my chest I stared out at the calm water, I could feel someones pointed stare  burning into my back. Frowning, I contemplated Edward's look from earlier, wondering what emotion was hidden in his eyes. Pity was the first emotion I could think of, and I wondered what could have caused that look, I was so lost in thought that I didn't hear someone coming up behind me before it was to late.

"Dirty slut!" I heard someone yell from behind me, I didnt have a chance to turn around or react in anyway before someones hands met with my back and gave me a hard push, then I was falling into the water, flailing for something to grab onto was my greatest mistake as my head came in contact with something hard.

There was throbbing, pain, I was submerged in water and couldn't move to swim to the top, I was in shock, staring up at the light above me, the last thing I remember is feeling someone jump in the water close to me, before I drifted.

**

I felt warmth on the right side of my body, almost an uncomfortable warmth. There was something thick wrapped around me, but while fuzzy and big it was not doing its job of warming me up. My eyes opened slowly.. which was definitely a task that hurt, I felt pain at the top of my head, my hand flew up to the bandage that covered the pain. Suddenly, I remembered what happened to me. I fell in the water, why did I fall in the water?