CH.1

Mathias was handsome, according to himself that is. His blond hair was always styled and clothes always new. Well, that was the life he lived in Købenavn in Denmark about 3 weeks ago . all of this had dramatically changed, now he was running thru a forest so far away from his home, or what used to be his home. It was late summer, the forest smelled fresh and free but the taste of blood in Mathias' mouth overcome the smells.

Mathias, as he ran was getting warm and sweety, and he was carrying all his belongings with him. His clothes were getting torn from all the branches and bushed he had pushed himself thru. his face was filled with mud, some intended for "camouflage" and some unintended as the roads were pretty muddy.

He had been chased a lot a long time now. As soon as he saw the knights in the small village he had stayed in for the last five days, he sprinted into the woods. and of course, to his lucky, they had started chasing him AGAIN. He just wanted freedom, to live in peace in a peaceful village with peaceful people. Smelling flower and maybe drinking a glass of fresh mink. and maybe have an opportunity to go to a bar or a pub once in a while.

But right now he just needed a place to hide, a place to stay. After running past what felt like 1000 trees, he thought that he had shaken them off. He looked behind himself as he passed a huge boulder covered in moss,  they were not there. As he sighed in relief he crashed into a person.

"Dust , se deg for a!" The person shouted in Norwegian as they both fell to the ground. Even though the voice was angry, it sounded soft and almost angelic. 

"Sorry," Mathias said confused, but when he got to himself he looked into the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen.  It seemed like they changed colour, glistening like the northern lights. Ombre blue almost purple. He was suddenly so lost, It was like time had stopped. The boy looked like a prince from a fairytale. He had a little silver cross pin in his light blond hair. He was slim, a bit shorter than Mathias himself. Beside him was a pretty braided basket. The basket had a cupel of mushrooms and berries in it, recently picked from the forest. But Mathias couldn't take his eyes of the beautiful yet cold face.

Mathias let a " Wow" escape his lips as he stared at the cute forest boy how was supporting his upper body with the left hand on the ground.

Mathias mentally slapped himself afterwards and took the chance as he had it.

"Hey, kan du hjælpe mig lidt? please please" Mathias whisper yelled in his own language as they were both still sitting on the ground.

"Why in the world would I help a Dane I have never even met before?" The fairytale prince got up from the ground and brushed off some dirt. He didn't look happy, actually, he looked pretty tired. Bags under his eyes indicated that he hadn't had enough sleep.

" Please!" Mathias said and looked desperately at this boy.

" I really need, it! A-and I can work for you and and pay you some of my money" he stuttered and begged with his knees in the mudded forest ground.

"What do you need?" The Norwegian boy asked with an emotionless face after thinking for some time. His blond locks slowly blowing in the wind.

"Just a roof to sleep under, maybe a cupel of days I don't know"

"What ?"

"You Danes have so many taxes and stupidities and now you want to live in my house too !??"

This wasn't going so well for Mathias. It wasn't weird that the Norwegian people didn't like the Danes that mutch. They often came to Norway thinking they were better than them because of the education in Denmark. They also came with high taxes and craved a lot of money for Norway's already poor people.

"I will pay you all the money I have on me, just hjælpe mig, please?

Lukas didn't want to admit the truth to himself, but he needed that money. A lot had happened recently and he was getting more and more worried about Emil.

About a year ago their father had disappeared on one of his hunting trips and never come back. Without him, they hadn't had any meat in months. Last winter they had almost sold everything they owned to buy food and firewood. The consequences of all of this were hard, both he and Emil had gotten even skinner fast. And in the back of Lukas' head, he knew, that this winter was going to be worse than the last one. Now that they almost didn't have anything, He needed money. Emil needed it.

But could they trust this Danish boy?

" kan du hjælpe mig lidt?" = Can you help me a little? (Danish)

«Dust , se deg for a» = "Jerk, Look where you're going!" (Norwegian)

Hi! I really hope you like the story so far!

I am trying to upload as frequently as possible. I am from Norway ( don't be so harsh on my English btw, it's not my first language) So I think I am going to have a lot of Norwegian fairytale references and stuff.

please be free to leave comments everywhere, I would love to hear your guys opinion.