Chapter 14

All night the two stayed in each other's arms. Dallas felt good against her back, keeping her warm and making her feel safe. At first they had stayed awake talking, getting to know each other better, and figuring out parts of their relationship. As the night grew into the early morning hours, the two decided to turn in for the night. She found comfort and security in his arms, but didn't fall asleep right away. Instead Victoria listened to Dallas's breathing as it changed into a deeper mode as he fell deeper asleep.

Her mind raced as she thought over the events that had happened just a few hours before. Had Chad really been stalking her all this time? Did he really think that he could still control her life? Even after what had happened when she told her about the pregnancy. More had happened than him just telling her that he didn't want to be in the baby's life. She had to tell Dallas that too. But how could she? He already hated Chad, and she didn't want him to know just yet, she didn't trust him that much yet.

Finally around four in the morning she fell asleep, with dreams about centaurs and mythical battles, with the Jackson 5 singing live in concert for the support of the battle. Weird right?

                                                                *******************

She woke in the morning with the sun high up in the sky already? What time was it? Her head hurt like heck and her movements come out slower than usual. Who's bed is this? She looked around the not failure room before it hit her, this was  Dallas's room. So where was he? She laid back down in the fluffy pillow and shut her eyes letting out a groan, not wanting to get up and start the day.

"Your up?" The husky voice said to her from across the room. She nodded her head knowing instantly that it was Dallas's voice. Pain shot across her temples with the movement of her head, Damn it hurt. Why the hell did she have a headache? And why did her neck hurt too? Did she sleep weird? Victoria rubbed her neck and sat up slowly again, licking her lips to get rid of the dryness.

She began to stretch as Dallas wrapped his arms around her waist. She felt a smile and blush creep up on her face. She leaned into him then realized they were late to school. When she voiced this Dallas told her that they weren't going today, that she needed her sleep now. Victoria didn't argue, she did need her sleep and was happy to skip a day of schools to catch up on it.

All day they had spent either in bed talking and kissing, or on the couch watching movies and eating snacks. School had been out for the other students for a few hours, and it was starting into the early evening by the time their second movie ended.

Victoria untangled herself from Dallas's lap and went to the kitchen to get a drink. As she stood up and began to poor the liquid into a perfectly clear glass, she heard the front door open and close. She didn't think much of it till a voice sounded right behind her. She watched as the orange juice flowed from the blue pitcher into the glasswear. Once her glass was half full, she put the cap on the picher and replaced it to the shelf where it belonged.

She cupped the beautiful glass in her hand and brought it to her mouth to take a drink. That's when a voice sounded behind her, one she had not heard before. Before she knew it the glass had slipped from her hand and smashed against the tiled floor. Orange juice flowed about her feet, but she did not notice. She turned to the sound of the voice and saw someone much older than herself.

Dallas's mother stood behind her looking anything but happy. She couldn't blame the woman, she had just walked into her own house with a strange teenage girl in her kitchen using her glass and drinking her juice. Did Dallas tell her I was going to be here? Does she even know about me? She watched as anger flashed in the woman's eyes.

At this point in the stare down Dallas showed up in the other door way of the kitchen. She could feel him trying to get her attention, but she didn't want to look away from his mother. She just knew that if she happened to look away that his mother would attack. So she stood in fear and waited for Dallas to help her.

"Mom... this is Victoria. Victoria this is my mother, Mrs. Cole." His voice seemed to ring out in the slience, and stay there suspened on the tension between the three. The silence seemed to grow thicker as no one said anything.

Mrs. Cole looked down further on Victoria. She felt as if she was being judged, which she most likely was. The green eyes that Mrs. Cole had seemed to look at every part of Vicrotia with distaste, and disrespect. She knew that she was better than Victoria.

Victoria felt as if she was being placed under a microscope, and every atom of her was being observed, judged, then disliked. She felt as the seconds ticked on that Dallas's mother was going to hate her more and more. She wished the woman would speak so that she could know how she felt! She would have to ask Dallas if Mrs. Cole looked at other people the way was she was looking at Victoria now. But Victoria knew the answer to that.

As if to answer her unspoken wish, Mrs. Cole opened her mouth and said the words that had been on her mind every since she walked into the kitchen. Her voice rang out, seeming to echo.

"Dallas... who is this young lady? And why did she break one of my favorite glasses?"