34

Harry Styles

"Hey." Adrian comes into my room as I am watching some videos on Youtube. "Can we talk?" I nod.

"Sorry about Sophie."

"It's okay. I just wanted to let you know that Ariana is coming over for dinner tomorrow."

"Oh." Fuck. 

"Yeah. I know that you two aren't talking. But I hope that for my sake, there won't be any problems. I want this night to go well." 

"Are you two.. dating?" 

"Not yet." Yet. That meant that he plans to ask her out. But he hasn't yet, most likely because of me. "But we have an unofficial thing. And I'm okay with that. As long as she is happy." Spoken like a true good person. 

"Okay. I can guarantee you, that there will be absolutely no problems. She will love the family."

"Thanks bro." Adrian smiles, and leaves the room. I fold my fingers together, imagining the two of them together. My spine shivers, and the old scars on my body seem to reignite with pain. My heart beats faster, and with fierce agony. 

"Harry?" Sophie pops out from under my bed and I yelp. 

"What are you doing under there!?" She giggles before jumping onto me. I shake my head. "Were you eavesdropping?"

"What does that mean?"

"It means, you are not going to mention what Adrian and I talked about to your mom and dad okay?" She puts on her innocent grin. 

"Do you like Ariana?"

"What?"

"You sounded sad when you were talked to Adrian. Is it because you like Ariana too?" I gulp. Was I that transparent? "Don't worry, that happened to me last year too. I liked this boy named Lucas, and my other friend like him too."

"So what happened?"

"He moved away, but before he did, he gave me his favourite toy car."

"He chose you. Even if he couldn't have you." I mutter. Sophie nods. "You should go to sleep. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." She tackles me in a hug before marching out of my room. I watch in adoration, before pulling out a word document.

Dear Ariana,

I don't know if I am ever going to have the courage to say these things to your face, but since Niall told me you might be moving all the way to Canada... I figured, why not? 

---

The following evening...

Ariana Grande

"No." Liam and Niall were together, video chatting with me. "Too dressy."

"Are you sure? I kind of like this one."

"Who are the experts?" Niall asks cockily. "Put on the fifth outfit again."

"Fine." I say with gritting my teeth. "I need more friends that are girls." 

"What was that?" Liam asks. I give them both a fake smile before changing. "Much better." They say in unison. I turn to the mirror. A simple white blouse top with long black skinny jeans. They told me to wear heels. "You look like a boss."

"And a badass bitch." Niall adds. "They'll love it. It screams confidence, but that you are a good influence."

"I'm trusting you on that." The sound of my ring tone goes off. "He's here. Wish me luck."