Chapter 3: Who We Love

Last Time...

"Whoa, Cyrus. You okay, bud?" - Jonah

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine. I thought I felt some uhh... static shock." - Cyrus

"It's a thank you gift, for being our number one fan." - Jonah

*Cyrus and Jonah hug*

"I'm really glad that you agreed to be my girlfriend..." - Jonah

*Andi and Jonah kiss*

"We kissed too." - Iris

*Buffy kisses Marty*

"I didn't know you two were dating!" - Cyrus

"We're not dating." - Marty

*Marty walks away angrily*

"What did I just do?" - Buffy

———————

Andi's POV:
"Buffy, are you sure this is going to work? The last three times didn't." I told her.

She was clearly determined to earn Marty's forgiveness, and didn't bother listening to me.

Buffy walked up to Marty and gave him a small chocolate box with the note, "I'm sorry."

As I predicted, Marty rejected the gift and walked away. Buffy put the chocolates in my hand, and walked away with tears.

If there's two things I've learned, it's that one, Buffy is dangerous to be around when she's sad. And two, if someone puts chocolates in your hand, it would be rude to give it back.

The bell rang. I proceeded to stuff the chocolates in my mouth while walking to my next class.

———

Cyrus leaned towards me. "I'm assuming that Buffy not being here in class means that her plan didn't go as planned?"

"Yeah. It's really sad to see her like this. She hasn't cried like this since her mother went overseas. And that was six months ago."

"We need to help her feel better. I have a list of ideas that could help us achieve the—"

"Cyrus Goodman. Andi Mack." Mrs. Alphys said. "Are you talking during my class?"

"Sorry." I said.

"You know the rules. I'm going to ask you both a question each." She turned to Cyrus. "Cyrus, what is the charge of oxygen?"

"Negative Two." He said confidently.

"Correct. Andi. Name at least one compound containing three elements."

It took me a while to guess, but in the end, I answered, "Uhh... nitric acid?"

"Good job. Now, no more talking, please. I would like to finish the lesson before class is over."

—————

Cyrus's POV:
Andi and I sat at the lunch table. "Okay, Cyrus. Do you have an idea?"

"We do the simplest one. Just do our best to keep Buffy happy."

"I can do that." Buffy came down and sat with us. "Hey! Buffy, my buddy! How you doing?"