Chapter 4: Thunder

Hana's POV

"Hana, you're really beautiful and I wouldn't see why guys wouldn't end up liking you... Even me." He says.

I-is that so?

Well, it's different to hear compliments from guys, it feels more validated? It doesn't really matter if he likes me or not, or if any guy likes me or not, right? I looked back at him, and I'm not even sure what I should respond to him now but I could see a quick change of emotion in his face, embarrassed?

"I- I mean, we'll just be friends but I just wouldn't be surprised if there are guys who would like you... And..." He stutters and he stops to think of what to say, he doesn't really seem to look at me in the eye. Is he sick? He looks like he's going to overheat soon, he's face is so red.

"You know... Because your smart, tall and..." He says as he looks back at me, this time his face looked different, he looks more serious. And?

"Beautiful." He ends with a smirk. I stay silent, these are definitely things that I haven't been able to relate to myself at all, me? Beautiful? What is this idiot talking about before I knew it, I was the one who was dodging his stares, now I felt like overheating.

Hm, well now that I think about it, I don't look too bad.

Then a little ping in my head turned on, thanks to my conversation earlier with Yoonji, I'm now pretty aware of some of the mechanics that goes into men's heads.

"Aish, now I know why so many girls like you." I say, deadpanned stared at him back, his face turned into questioning face but cocky one at that.

"What?" He says, moving closer to her, too interested.

This boy knows that he has an effect on girls, aish and it won't work on me.

"Nothing." I say, he pouts. This face exactly, I've seen girls so hung up on this innocent boy next door looking face.

"Hana-sshi, why do you hate me so much?" This idiot says, still looking at me like a retarded puppy.

"Hate is such a strong word, maybe if you would give a person their personal space, then maybe I'll rethink what I feel about you." I sigh, he isn't a bad guy but that boy does like to pry into people's lives, my life specifically. He acts like their is no care in the world, so careless and happy go lucky.

Maybe I'm just jealous.

I hear a little hmm from him, as if he's thinking of something but before he could say anything, lightning flashed so brightly through the windows followed immediately by a crashing thunder and rain. Oh no.

Narrator

The two classmates had barely noticed that night has crept into their town, but when a raging storm arrived, everyone seemed to quiet down.

Hana wasn't quite pleased with the weather, she always noticed that she felt quite uneasy whenever a stormy night like this occurs. She really isn't sure why she feels so, but she figured out for herself that it was somehow related to the dreams she has because in regular nights she would have those dreams, but in nights like these, she would try to sleep but be awaken 30 mins after, or she wouldn't sleep at all, she wasn't afraid of ghosts or anything like that, it was like something doesn't want her to sleep.

She wishes that she could remember the dreams she has every night.

"It doesn't say in the news earlier that it would rain today, weird." Taehyung says, his face twisted into confused look.

Then a string of notes resounded, it was Hana's phone. She took a second to realize it was hers, after Taehyung pointed it out. She was too focused on the current conditions that are making her uncomfortable.