Wealday, Rova 14th

I

I had settled into a morning routine with Cynthia and Ambrose and classes went by smoothly. I meant to speak with Marshal in Micro-Chemistry class about a moon called Xantos but the opportunity did not reveal itself. So I decided to ask after school was out. I was walking to the meeting room which we now called Solarfall Burrow. Alone.

Everyone knew by now that's how I preferred to be at this time. Alone in the halls with my thoughts and the Creator listening. I often prayed hard about anything on my mind during that time. Recently my prayers were for Bella. I still saw her and from what I observed, her situation was better. Bella kept talking to me, sending me little messages about what still bothered her so I could help.

I won't go into too much detail on what happened. She and I had told Prof Graybane d of it and Bella's partner was put on a short leave as punishment. I felt relieved while Bella still felt sympathy for her partner to some extent of which I didn't understand. But then again, Bella is more compassionate then I am.

Today I just kept quiet, not praying or even thinking. I just listened and watched the stars float by on and on. My deep maroon eyes were glued to watching the comets. I could almost feel the heat I saw which radiated from them.

I don't get it. I have control over myself but I feel.....something. What is it? I'll ask Cynthia tonight, maybe Jay? He's been pretty helpful on finding my own techniques. Well everyone has so I probably should give them all credit. In all the busyness of school, I haven't bothered to text to call my family. I should do that, I'm worried about them

It was FLO who broke my inner musing. Miss Starshoot. Marshal is expecting you now. I blinked at the child-like bot before nodding. "Thank you, I'll head in now."

I pushed open the huge doors and all my compadres were waiting for me. "Hey, you're early as always," Chad remarked, lightly punching my forearm. I rolled my eyes. "I make it a point to never be late."

Marshal and Cynthia laughed from their game at the pool table. "She speaks the truth Chad. Dianne is more organized and on time then someone else we know." Chad frowned at Cynthia, but I could see the grin in his eyes at her quip.

I merely shake my head, slipping into my desk chair. I could hear the squeaks of our pets up in the ceiling structure. We always brought our pets to the Solarfall Burrow besides our rooms. As I placed all my items down, I noticed two people were not to be seen. 

"Where are-" "IN HERE SEA!!!!!!" I jumped ever so slightly at Ambrose's voice from the kitchen. She and Jay poked their faces out of the doorway. I quickly spotted remnants of flour and sugar on them and their clothing. I sighed with a helpless smile, knowing exactly what happened.

Jay gave me a pleading look as Ambrose dragged him back inside so she could continue trying to concoct whatever she had come up with. Chad sat on his desk, not in the chair like most would, spinning his pen. Marshal and Cynthia were finishing up their pool game. All the while our pets were tumbling and wrestling above us.

"So what's this mission that we were supposedly called for?" I inquired of Marshal. He shot the ball, answering me. "Let Ambrose and Jay come in before we begin." He seemed a bit shorter than usual but I kept my peace. Yeah...I should have figured. We always have everyone present before beginning. Typical procedure.

So I pulled out my word search puzzle book to pass the time. I could hear Jay's quiet resistance to Ambrose in the kitchen, the smacking pool balls, the clicks and ticks of Chad's gun and finally the squeals and purrs above my aqua/purple hair. All these sounds came together in harmony, oddly it was calming.