Control (Noelle Silva x Reader)

BOOM! BANG! WHAM!

"ARRGH! NOT AGAIN, NOELLE!"

"YOU WERE JUST IN THE WAY, YOU OVERHEATED INSECT!"

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING AN INSECT, HUH?!"

"H-HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?!"

"A PAIN IN THE A** IS WHAT YOU ARE!"

"ARGH. I AM NOT DEALING WITH THIS RIGHT NOW."

"GOOD!" the streaked haired flame ball retorted, "NOBODY ASKED YOU TO BE HERE ANYWAY!"

"Magna-senpai, that was kind of mean," you apprised as you watched the fuming noble stomp her way back into the guild base.

"Well she kind of deserved it," he responded, his words were bitter and harsh, likely as a result of his ego being crushed by the previous altercation, "shooting water bombs at me all the time and soaking me all over like some form of punishment. I didn't even do anything wrong!"

"Maybe she just doesn't like you!" A voice piqued up, small and cute, but notably laced with mischievous intent, "You do have a scary face after all."

"Huh?! Who're calling scary, you little punk?!"

The older male abruptly turned to face the battle maniac, already halfway through charging up an attack before he had even begun chasing after him. You sighed, half a mind to smack both of them upside the head silly, but you really weren't in the mood for a headache and, besides, you had much more important things to take care of.

Noelle.

Where had she gone off to this time?

Despite all of the training and practice she had put into her magic, there were still many times where it continued to elude her; the ending result similar to that which had occurred mere moments before. She was a noble by blood, a thoroughbred stemming from an impeccably high ranking, esteemed family - having something as unsightly as this hold her back could be no easy feat. To the public eye, though, she was distant, and critical, and very much the kind of person who would never let others see her fall to anything lower than her title would suggest. Those with a high affinity for magic were always regarded in an exceptional manner, praised and cherished for being something that others could not. Growing up in such a forced mentality with naught a friend in a world of foes, would no doubt but make for a bleak livelihood.

There's no way you could pinpoint her feelings exactly, of course. As much as you'd like to say you could, you had had quite a close relationship with your own family and, now that you had joined the Black Bulls, you felt like you had made an entire new one wholly based off of first impressions alone. Noelle, on the other hand, was not like that. Cold and secluded, it wasn't difficult to see why warming up to complete strangers would be such a problem for someone like her.

"What did they do to make her feel so worthless?" You asked to nobody in particular; the thought, amongst countless others, gnawing at your mind in an attempt to decipher the impetuous enigma that was her life.

How could they treat their own child, someone of their own blood and flesh, as nothing more than a vile of trash to be disposed of when it was no longer of any worth? You scoffed at the thought, a feeling resembling something similar to resentment rising up within you. You were Magic Knights, for crying out loud! Chauvinistic bas***** like them were absolutely pitiful, to be honest, and you were sure that the next time you saw any of them that you'd give them a definite piece of your mind.