Ch.9 - Broken Men

Hello!  Back with an update!  This is dark.  That's all I will say.  It's dark.  

Have fun reading mentals! :* :D

Ch.9:

14 years back-

"Kill everyone. No one should escape." A 12-year-old boy heard someone order over the phone. 

He peeked through the closet doors to see a tall bulky man pick up his father's gun and shoot 2 more bullets in his chest. He then moved on to the other half dead body.

"Maa..." The boy whispered, crying to himself as he saw the man kick his mother in the stomach numerous times before putting another bullet through it.

He felt sick. 

 Months back he had wished the sister that was about to be born never came to this world (his parents kept talking about her, the one living in his mother's stomach). But he regrets ever wishing that now. He wanted to take back all his words. He didn't mind hundred more siblings if he could just have his parents back. 

After a few minutes, he peeked out again. Everything was silent. The blood on the ground was getting dry. He closed his eyes and listened to the sounds. No one was around. 

He slowly opened the closet door, carefully stepping out of it. He knelled near his parents and his dry eyes started flowing again. His father was badly bruised and had more than 4 bullet wounds decorating his chest. 

His mother's eyes were wide open in fear even though there was no soul left in them. He went closer, putting a hand on the bulging and abused womb. That's where his sister lived. Now she was dead. 

The boy picked up his father's gun once more, bringing it up to his temple. He was afraid, but he wanted to be with his family. And the only way was to die. 

He closed his eyes and put pressure on the trigger, ready to kill himself when he heard noises coming from the living room. They grew louder and closer. It's almost as if they were coming for him.

Instantly, he held the gun out, as if to threaten them. He held it tightly with both hands to make sure it didn't fall from his shivering hands. He wasn't going to die without taking down one of them. He wanted them to suffer. Suffer for ruining his happy family. 

He focused on the door, waiting for them to come through. Seconds later, 3 men clad in khaki colored uniforms came in, pointing their guns his way as well. 

He blinked in confusion, then started crying at his miraculous rescue. He had prepared to die today. He knelled next to the dead bodies, dropping the gun to the floor. 

And then he felt something weird against his wrists. Something cold and metal.

From then on, everything became a blur to him. He remembered getting dragged around. He kept waking up and passing out in between and he was either hanging upside down, or laying on an uncomfortable bed. 

They liked to curse him. Punch and kick him until he had no strength left. They wanted him to die because he killed his own parents. 

He was accused of murdering his own family. That was his life for the next 10 years.

3 years back:

"Hi." He sat next to the lonely girl who rested her head against the newly painted clinic walls. She turned to look at him and then went back to sleeping. 

"Not exactly the place you want to spend your Friday evening at, am I right?" He said. 

After a long and awkward silence he offered a flask, "Want a sip?" Still no reply.