A Deal is Struck

A/N Thank you for reading! Any comment, vote, or share would be greatly appreciated, but not required. I hope you enjoy this latest installment!

A few days passed, and she did not return. Undertaker was in one of his coffins for the night and was almost completely asleep when he heard two people arguing in his shop all of a sudden. He furrowed his brow and tried to listen in, but it was in a language he did not understand. It sounded very aggressive, more like growls than actual words. The voices grew louder before something heavy hit the front of his coffin and caused him to cry out in surprise. His coffin was quickly opened and he was pulled out. He was forcibly placed in front of someone as a living shield and blinked a few times as he worked to bring his mind up to speed about what was happening in his shop. He quickly recognized a creature with a silver glow and gulped. If he had thought Raduriel was upset with him a few days ago, he was wrong. This was what she was like when upset. Her entire body seemed to emit a silver glow, and her claws and fangs were fully visible. He glanced to see who was behind him and noticed it was Mastema. Strange noises came from Raduriel's throat and Mastema replied with a simple shake of her head. Raduriel took a few steps closer towards him and her servant. Undertaker knew he was in a dangerous position so he summoned his death scythe and held it in front of him. He tried to make it clear that it was for defensive action if needed, not offensive. He heard Mastema gasp from behind him, and Raduriel stopped immediately with a growl. She narrowed her eyes at him, examining him as a possible threat, but was unsure since she did not know his skill level. He heard Mastema whisper behind him.

^It's true.^ The mortician just barely turned his head so the female behind him would know that he was speaking to her, but he made sure to keep an eye on the demon in front of him.

~What is true? And would someone please explain what exactly is going on?~ Mastema cleared her throat.

^You're him. The legendary reaper.^ Undertaker chuckled gently.

~Former, darling. I'm retired.~ Mastema grinned and peeked out from behind him to look at Raduriel.

^See, my lady? It's perfect! Just as we said! I'm sure if you just asked-^ She was interrupted rather aggressively by her mistress.

"I do not need help. You have far overstepped your bounds, Mastema. Now, Undertaker, if you would please move to the side, we shall be leaving." Raduriel took another step forward as Mastema grabbed the back of the mortician's robes. Undertaker held the blade of his scythe up in order to stop Raduriel's forward movement. She bared her fangs at him and growled again. Undertaker grinned slightly to show he didn't mean her any harm at this moment.

~Now, Raduriel, the two of you have disturbed my rest. I believe I am owed at least an explanation as to why.~ The woman immediately glared at her servant and growled, too upset to form actual words. Instead, Mastema was the one who started speaking words he could understand.

^We, Grigori and I, believe someone is purposely going after Lady Raduriel. We would like to request for you to help take care of her while we continue to investigate.^ Undertaker blinked a few times before fully glancing at the demon behind him but immediately turning back when he noticed Raduriel move. He blocked her with his scythe just as fast as her own movement forward. She raised an eyebrow, slightly impressed. He gave her a look in return as he calmly spoke.

~And how would I help?~ Raduriel rolled her eyes, but she turned her back to him and took a few steps away. The glow coming from her faded away as she knew she wouldn't be able to do much to stop everything now. Mastema began to smile a little bit as she carefully watched the reactions of her mistress.

^We would like to ask you to allow her to stay with you. We would feel better knowing she was safe and protected.^ Raduriel turned back around, once again in her normal appearance, and raised an eyebrow.

"Just keep in mind, I'm not paying for it. If you require payment, you must negotiate with Mastema and Grigori. I don't think I need your help. I think I'm perfectly capable of protecting myself." She sat down on one of the coffins around the shop. The way she sat down reminded him of the way a queen would sit on her throne. She seemed like a true angel of death. She smirked, thinking that she finally found a way to win. She did not think Mastema and the mortician would be able to come to an agreement in regards to payment. Undertaker slowly grinned and chuckled.

~Perfect.~ He lowered his scythe and turned to face Mastema. He continued to grin as he reached a hand out to her. She looked from his hand to his face, confused.

~I'll do it. You can pay me back at a later date.~ He glanced over to see Raduriel's smirk fade away to annoyance. Mastema grinned and quickly shook his hand.

^Many thanks, Undertaker. Many thanks, indeed.^ She released his hand and grinned towards her mistress before bowing deeply.

^I believe you remember our agreement, my lady? If I could get him to agree, you said you would not fight against him.^ Raduriel looked away from her and dismissed her with a wave of her hand.

"Begone, Mastema. Conduct your investigation quickly. I will not tolerate unnecessary delays." Mastema bowed deeply once more before disappearing in black smoke. Raduriel crossed her arms and pursed her lips as she turned to face Undertaker. He dismissed his scythe and grinned at her as he walked towards her. She narrowed her eyes slightly and raised her hand to stop him from coming too close.

"I'll warn you now, just because I said I wouldn't fight you, doesn't mean I won't make your life a little difficult or follow any order you give me. Is that clear?" She chuckled.

~Don't worry, Lady Raduriel. I think we could have a bit of fun with this. Just imagine, we could explore London every day, perhaps even leave and explore the countryside. It's simply an adventure, not a cage. I promise I will not give you an order unless your life is in danger for one reason or another. You are a guest, and shall be treated as such.~ Raduriel could not hold back a smile and a small chuckle.

"You mean you're going to prepare me for burial, stuff me in a coffin, and then bury me six feet under the ground?" He blinked a few times before laughing loudly. He shook his head as he tried to calm his laughter enough to speak.

~No, no, no. Haha! Not at all! I meant, if there is anything you need, don't hesitate to ask. I plan to treat you with the highest respect, Lady Raduriel.~ She nodded slowly before standing.

"Then, first things first, don't call me 'Lady Raduriel'. Just 'Raduriel' is perfectly fine. Second, go back to sleep or whatever you reapers do. I feel just a little bad about disturbing your sleep in such a way. If I had known you were in that coffin, I would have chosen another one to throw Mastema at." Undertaker blinked a few more times at just how calmly she spoke about her violent act as she walked toward the back of the store. She waved to him as she walked away.

"I'll just be back here if you need me. I'll probably wash up, but I'll be sure to be quite so as to not disturb your rest again." She disappeared into the back while Undertaker was left stunned in his storefront. He eventually shook his head and walked after her. When he heard the sound of water running, he shook his head again and returned to his coffin to rest for at least a few hours.