prologue

Yoongi slammed his locker door shut, his bad attitude alerting a teacher immediately. "Min Yoongi, if that locker breaks you're going to have to pay for it, be careful!"
Yoongi groaned, rolling his eyes and walking away towards his first class of the day- English.

He'd recently heard a new student would be joining, who'd apparently come from Korea as did Yoongi. He kept his hopes low, and brushed them to the side when he sat down in his English class, late, no sight of another Korean boy.

"Ah, Min Yoongi, late again, I see." The teacher sighed, smacking down a stack of paper on his desk. 
Yoongi nodded, "yeah." A small smirk made its way to his face when the teacher looked away.

Fifteen or so minutes had passed by before a knock at the door sounded, alerting everyone in the classroom that someone was at the door.
The teacher scurried up and answered the door, soon to be revealed was the boy Yoongi was looking for.
After a minute of some conversation, the boy walked inside, a stick clattering against the cold tiled floors, everyone hushed their voices as the boy took a seat in the back row, right by Yoongi.

The teacher smiled, waving at everyone to get back to work, completely ignoring the elephant in the room, everyone seemed to be intrigued by the new boy.

Yoongi took a glance at the boy who's name remained unknown. "You must be new," Yoongi spoke up, the boy jumped a bit in response.
Turning towards Yoongi he smiled, he seemed to be staring off in the distance, which made Yoongi curious of his impairment, but stayed silent as the boy replied. "Yeah, I'm Hoseok, what's your name?" He asked, a smile prominently spread across his face, pure happiness seemed to flow through Hoseok's pores.
"Yoongi, nice to meet you, Hoseok," Yoongi smiled a bit, turning his attention back to his blank page, where he scribbled nonsense.
"As to you, Yoongi," Hoseok replied, Yoongi listened as he straightened himself out in the desk.

word count: 346
edited: ✅
published: d/m/y 3/11/2017