Chapter 30

"The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands

"The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands." - Sir Richard Burton

We arrive in Tucson at 11:45 p.m. to a much warmer climate, and catch yet another taxi to Miraval Resort & Spa.

Our private villa is quite spacious and plush, and the views of the surrounding desert landscape, especially at night, bring back memories of where it all began.

We unpack our things and Wyn foregoes eating as she's still full from our meal in Indiana. However, I have arranged for a small birthday cake to be made, since this villa comes with its own chef, and have it delivered, with candles, while we are at her birthplace tonight. She can always eat it tomorrow, as long as she blows the candles out tonight.

I morph back into myself and take her gift out of my bag, which is in a handcrafted box with a silk ribbon, and place it in my cloak's pocket. It's a beautiful ring that I had specially crafted in my world. It's different than any of the other jewelry that I have gotten her before and I hope that she'll love it.

"This villa is nice...kind of reminds me of home," Wyn comments, walking out of the closet where she was hanging some things up.

She walks over to one of the expansive, floor-to-ceiling windows and stares out beyond the pool, into the night at the surrounding desert with Mt. Lemmon as the backdrop.

"If we had more time, we could go for a quick dip," she says as the steam rises from the pool.

"If you're not too tired when we return, we can," I smile. "Or there's always the hot tub. That would be relaxing for you, before bed," I suggest.

She just nods. "What time are we leaving?" she asks.

"Whenever you want, as long as we're there before 1:43 a.m.," I answer with a grin.

She pulls her cell phone out. "It's 12:37 a.m. now. Is it too early to leave?"

"It's a little over 80 miles south of here, which will take no time to fly to, so it's up to you," I inform her.

"Let's go. I'm anxious to see it," she says with a grin.

"Alright; go get one of your lighter jackets," I tell her with a grin of my own, as she runs off to the closet again.

She emerges quickly with one of her hoodies on, and then puts her hair up in a messy bun with one of her elastic bands, which she always does before we fly, so that it doesn't get in her face or eyes.

"Ready, co-pilot?" I ask, holding my hand out for her.

She nods with a smile and takes my hand. I place my aura on her before we materialize outside at a safe, private distance, sweep her up into my arms, and then shoot off into the sky.

Wyn is quite the daredevil - probably because she's been flying with me since she was born, so as always, I try to make our flight as 'death-defying' as possible. I soar and plummet quickly, and then go into a series of corkscrew motions, loving the way she laughs and squeals before yelling excitedly, "Again! Again!"