☼ Eight ☼

We stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds before looking away, "What am I doing?!" I mumble. Lafayette looked at me worried, "W-What? D-Did moi do something wrong?" he asked worriedly. I sighed, "No, it's not you..." I paused.

We sat in silence for a few seconds when I broke the silence, "I don't think I'm supposed to tell you this but Peggy...um...Peggy has a crush on you..." I tell him. I turned to him and a guilty look crossed his face. "R-Really? B-But I like you...." He gently grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly. "I-I know...but I don't want to hurt Peggy...I already took one of her crushes and I don't want to take another..." I sigh.

Lafayette pulled me into a hug and we stay like that for a minute. I had my head rested on his shoulder, "What am I going to do?" I asked. "I don't know mon amour, but we'll figure something out." I blushed when he called me 'mon amour'. I couldn't believe this was happening. We have known each other for almost two months now and we both have a huge crush on each other.

Just then, my phone began ringing, I pulled out and instantly missed his warmth. I grabbed my phone from my bag and checked the caller ID. I felt my heart drop and I turned to Lafayette, "It's Peggy." I say a bit guilty. I literally just kissed her crush and I feel awful and now she's calling me! "Pick up," Lafayette said.

I hesitated but then picked up and put the phone on speaker for Lafayette to hear. "Hey, Pegs!" I said trying to sound like I didn't just kiss her crush.

"Hey Y/n! So I need your opinion, should I ask Lafayette if he wants to go to the Octoberfest with me?" She asked. I looked over at Lafayette, he stared at the phone, guilt in his eyes. "I-I don't know. Do you know if he likes you back?" I asked.

"I don't know. But what if he doesn't like me back?" She asked, her voice sounded worried. "Maybe you could ask someone else!" I said. She sighed, "I don't know, I don't think anyone really had a crush on me." She stated.

"Quick question, if someone from our little group...ya know...asks you to the Octoberfest, would you say yes?" I asked. "I'm not sure....it depends on who it is. Maybe I would say yes if Hercules asked me, I'll have to admit he's kinda cute!" She said with a bit of a giggle.

I got an idea and I turned to Lafayette who also seemed to be thinking the same exact thing as me. "I have to go Pegs, we can discuss this at school," I said. "Alright bye!" She said before I hung up.

"We need to talk to Hercules!" I exclaimed. Lafayette nodded, "Should we tells him over ze phone?" He asked. I shrugged, "I'm not sure, but we need to-" But before I could finish my sentence, my phone began ringing again, with an annoyed sigh, I looked to see who it was, it was my mom. I picked up the phone, "Hello?"

Lafayette's POV:

I watched as Y/n spoke on the phone for a minute or so before hanging up. "I have to go." She said as she got up and began gathering her stuff. I stood up and also helped her gather her stuff. She made sure she had everything before turning to me. "Thank's for having me over." She told me. I smiled, "Moi hopes you can come again." I took her downstairs to the front door. She turned to me before leaving and planted a kiss on my cheek. "See ya later French Fry." She said before starting to walk home.

My face grew hot and I held the cheek she kissed. I watched her a little longer before turning around and heading inside.

A/n:

Hello everybody! This chapter was a bit shorter than my other ones but I hoped you enjoyed it. I'll try making this story as long as possible but just know it might end in a few chapters. I wanna start getting ideas for my next story so please leave a suggestion on what you would like to see next! Thanks for reading <3