Prologue!

'CHUBS'

'CHUBS'

That was the one word she detested from the very core of her seven years old heart. She could never understand why everyone called her that! She was just a few kilograms more than what the girls of her age usually were, but that never meant that they could tease her like that. Her father owned a small restaurant in Kolkata, so, she took it as her birth right to eat whatever her father cooked. Everyone needed an expert opinion every now and then and after her mother passed away when she was three, her father and she only had each other. 

One fine day, she decided to forget everything and give everything a new start but unfortunately not everything went as she had anticipated. It was the recess time and the moment the school bell rang everyone started teasing her, calling her 'Chubs' and pulling the pigtails on either side of her head which her father had somehow managed to get in the right place after a lot of hard work of 45 minutes. She asked them to stop but they never did.

To avoid those hooligans intent on ruining her life, she ran out of her classroom that read 'III-C' straight towards the playground as she expected to avoid them there. But soon her premonition turned out wrong as they found her there as well and started teasing her all over again.

When her sobs were about to grow into louder cries, she heard his voice. "Why don't you guys do something fruitful instead of doing these useless things?" came the calm voice of her savior from behind and she turned around to look at him only to get astounded by his looks. With her eyes welling up with tears she saw him advancing towards her with measured steps and both his hand stuffed into his side pockets. She was seven years old and he too was hardly around eight. She had never seen him so close before. He was the school's topper and principal sir's favorite student, so, he was made the head prefect for standard third.

He glared at everyone and all of them ran as if they had seen a ghost. As they left, she sobbed once again and he forwarded his handkerchief towards her. She looked at him with amazed eyes as for the first time someone had been so sweet to her. Obliging him with a smile, she grabbed the handkerchief with her trembling hands and wiped off her tears. Giving yet another smile she forwarded it back. He looked at her, then at the handkerchief, and finally said, "Keep it."

Saying this he stuffed his hands back into his pockets and walked away without giving her another look. However, at the same time she could not take her eyes off of his retreating figure. Even his cold demeanor appeared very heart warming to her. Apparently, he had already booked a special place in her heart for himself. She was Swara Gadodia who fell in love with Sanskaar Maheshwari even when she had no idea what the thing called 'love' was!

--------------.

Swara is pulled out of her dreamland mercilessly as her two best friends Ragini and Piya nudge her shoulders. Swara takes her eyes off Sanskaar who is sitting in the front row of his elective class right in front of her classroom. 

It has been twelve years and ever since their first interaction, she has been keeping a secret eye on him. She does not care if someone calls her a stalker or anything of that sort. In all honesty, all of this has been beyond her control for she has never ever felt for anyone the way she feels for him. She even tried to lose her extra weight just to look good enough for him but quite apparently she has not been able to achieve much success in that. 

Both of them have been in different sections ever since their school times, and even now in college, they are in different branches of engineering. These are the only two hours when Sanskaar comes for his elective class that she is able to cherish his presence right in front of her eyes. His elective is Artificial Intelligence, something that goes beyond the periphery of her brain, so, she has never dared to test its limits even in her wildest dreams. She is quite happy with the way things are going on right now.

All she knows is that for these two hours she can look at the love of her life to her heart's content. That whole time she becomes oblivious of everything, even of the teacher standing in front and teaching. Swara has never liked studying. The only time she actually studied was in twelfth standard where she worked hard to get enough marks, so that she could get into the same college as that of Sanskaar. In a way, he's her inspiration to study better. Still, she never liked studying.

Taking a deep breath, she looks at both her best friends who have just broken the train of thoughts of her most cherished memories, "What do you want guys?"

Ragini shakes her head looking at the Romeo-version of her best friend back again, "My lady Romeo, please come out of your la la land. We need to go out. Results for the fourth semester are up."

Swara smiles looking at them, "You know very well how consistent I am! What's there to see?"

"Oh, come on!" Ragini and Piya grumbled rolling their eyes at the same time before holding both of Swara's arms and pulling her out along with them, making their way straight towards the display board.

--------------. 

A/N

Hello everyone!

To You, My Heart I Surrender is under editing now and I will republish each chapter after editing. Here you all go with the prologue and the first chapter will be up soon. Thank you so much for all the love and support. That really means a lot to me.

With love,
Stella ❤️