~author's note~

Dear Hogwarts Student/Alumni, 

This took quite a long time for me to figure out completely. But here we are, and the castle is rebuilt, the sky is once more lit with stars, and the eternal flame is burning again. 

I invite you on this journey, following the most surprising love story the Wizarding world has ever seen. Welcome to butterbeer at midnight, bookstores with stone fireplaces, and charms in the basement of an old friend. Look at the sky, and let your mindless dreams guide you. 

Miss Granger, the most brilliant witch or wizard to ever graduate from our school. 

Mister Malfoy, the least likely person to ever speak to a Muggle-born like her. 

Mister Weasley, who unknowingly sparked a revolution. 

Mrs. Potter, the kindest friend anyone could ever possibly ask for. 

Mr. Potter, the savior of our Wizarding world, twice now.

And me, your storyteller. 

Welcome to Hogwarts, my dear friends. Always our home, be it in war, peace, or in-between the two. 

~ love from my side of the world, marie ~

I (obviously) don't own Harry Potter, or the art used throughout this book. Consider the artwork of my favorite Disney character an Easter egg from me to you, because lil ~ariel~ doesn't have anything to do with the plot. Though I kind of wish she did. Oh well.