061

daniel definitely wasn't the most excited for this double date thing.

seongwoo and lesley have been together for the past two to three weeks and seemed to be going on fine. they've been labeled #couplegoals by almost everyone they meet.

and seongwoo of course is everyone's ideal boyfriend. lesley didn't hesitate to show that either. she seemed to be doing fine.

with seongwoo.

as much as daniel hates to admit.

"aren't they the cutest?" ayeon squealed and nudged daniel as she caught sight of the couple walking towards them at the entrance of the carnival

is was the summer break and the four teens were the happiest to finally complete their exams and to get some extra time to spend with each other.

seongwoo was probably cracking tons of jokes with lesley again as the she wouldn't stop breaking out into fits of laughter.

daniel forced a smile as they waved.

a part of him was relieved lesley didn't say a word about his confession to her and acted as if nothing happened. but he was still really disappointed however.

seongwoo was back to his usual jokey self, daniel was thankful his old joyful best friend was back. as much he wished seongwoo and lesley happiness, the burning jealousy in his heart was irresistible.

"let's go try the new rides and games!" ayeon suggested merrily as she hooked her arms with daniel, dragging him towards a stall with hoops.

seongwoo looked over to lesley who was scanning the whole place, their hands still held tight together. from afar, daniel could only stare blankly, he was happy she's with someone who makes her happy, his best friend got together with a great girl, but it's such a waste he couldn't realise his feelings for her in time.

"you're horrible at this game," lesley commented as seongwoo failed to pop another balloon with the dart.

he rolled his eyes, "i got one."

"with seven darts gone."

they laughed, making the stall owner grin at how lovely a couple they were.

"i'll get that penguin, watch me," seongwoo said confidently.

lesley stifled a laugh, "that's what you said at the last stall when i wanted the minion plush. i got a pineapple flavoured candy."

"they're the same colour," he retorts.

lesley smiles as he threw another dart but missed miserably. she wasn't the type to request for her boyfriend to win a toy for her but seongwoo was being so confident about winning a few for her. but of course, lady luck wasn't on his side for the day.

"here's your prize," the stall owner generously passed them a smaller version of the penguin plush seongwoo was aiming for.

"oh, but we need at least five balloons, he only popped a miserable two, ma'am," lesley politely rejected the lady's offer as she mocked seongwoo's horrid skills.

"hey i did try—"

"oh don't worry, the carnivals ending soon and i have plenty of prizes left," the lady waved the matter off.

lesley could only smile gratefully as she took the small plush in her hands, seongwoo immediately bowing at the lady himself and intertwining his fingers with lesley's, pulling her to a food stall nearby.

pulling the chairs in front of daniel and ayeon who were busy munching on their food, lesley grins as seongwoo pays for her food and didn't even have to ask her for what she wanted, he got exactly what she was craving.

ayeon ogles at the two, admiring them.

daniel steals a glance while he munches quietly on his food.

without a word, he gets up and goes over to the same dart stall, trying out the game itself. he didn't know if it was his bad mood or blessed long arms that allowed him to pop ten balloons with all ten darts.

ayeon and seongwoo were too busy to notice since they were squabbling on whether hitler or stalin was a worse dictator in the 20th century but lesley was stealing quick glances over to daniel whose face wore nothing but a blank expression the whole day they were enjoying themselves.

she pursed her lips as she walked over to him slowly, he was just getting the prize from the friendly lady.

daniel catches a glimpse of lesley who stands beside him, smiling.

his lips immediately curved upwards as he quietly passes the large penguin to lesley, "rooney and peter would probably end up shredding this so... here."

"are you sure? you can give it to ayeon, you know?" lesley reluctantly took the penguin from his hands.

he nods, "she would rather a real life penguin," he jokingly replied, making lesley chuckle.

he liked it best when he could be the one who could make her laugh, taking that cold 'unreactive' expression of hers off for a moment or two.

what a pity that he didn't have the slightest idea she too loved it best when he was the one who could make her laugh. and usually, anything he does would already make her grin like an idiot.