Alliance

The stranger strides towards me, his tall shadow blocks the blinding sun. Reaching forward, his hand under the dark sleeves extends toward me.

I look at his hand, the tears glisten in my eyes, I quickly wipe them away before taking it.

He lightly squeezes my hand before letting go as we stood before each other.

"Greetings, Crown Prince Dan." He bows lightly before smiling. "Are you alright?"

He asks as his sight moves toward my bruised, busted lip.

What is this? He is acting as if we have never met each other before. Just who is he?

Without waiting for my answer, he turns to the King and bows too.

As I look up, he was gone, walking up the stairs.

For the first time, I felt alive. My eyes couldn't leave him. He was different.

My eyes are met by the King, his lifeless eyes glaring at me like knives. My expression hardens, looking away. I turn back to the dead prisoners that were hauled away. Blood remains seeped in the dirty ground and the foul smell lingers.

I touch my busted lip, wincing. I may have failed... but at least I tried.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure to tell them," I whispered my answer to the dead man that was hauled away. Another life is taken.

I will not watch another be killed.

***

After dressing my injuries and a change of clothes, I sat by the table, sipping hot tea. Looking at the black tea, I am reminded of him again.

His porcelain like skin, his dark sullen eyes, his thick, long, black hair that sits over his shoulder.

Indeed, he is a pretty man.

I shake my head, what am I thinking?

I continue to slowly drink tea as I start planning.

***

50...51...52...53...

I groan as sweat runs down my face.

...54...

My hands and body shook as I push myself up.

...5-55...

I collapse on the cold floor. Rolling to my back, I catch my breath.

Push-ups are terrible. But I have to make sure I was in the best shape I could be. My arms are sore from earlier. I changed clothes just to sweat and change again. The sweat between my breast makes it uncomfortable.

My eyes begin to droop as I lie on the cold floor.

"Save me... please..."

The look on his face changed, his brows twitch at my words. Then, forms into a gentle expression.

His beautiful eyes that lingers in mine, searching for an answer. The hint of smile on his lips that curled, his-

My eyes open wide as his face appear before me, looking down at me as I lie on the floor.

Scrambling to sit up, I back away, realizing that he is really here.

"H-How-" my voice quietens down. "How did you get in here again?"

He stood silently before sitting by the table. Placing something by the table, he looks at me.

"Let's start planning."