The Byers Bearhug

Billy '17,18,19,20' I huff dropping the weights on the floor

Billy
'17,18,19,20' I huff dropping the weights on the floor. It's been one week since I found the girl in my kitchen, which also happened to be the most exciting thing that happened in this fucking town since I arrived.

I check my reflection in the mirror brushing my hair back.
She's not at school and who names there kid Fourteen'

***
'Steve' I call shoving my way down the hall,
'What the hell do you want Hargrove' he replied walking away

'Who's Fourteen' Steve turns around looking like he saw a ghost.  'Nancy' Steve called 'follow us'

***
The three of us sat in silence in a empty classroom,
'Well what the fuck is going on, I have shit to do' Nancy and Steve look at each other worried.

'Firstly you can't tell anyone about her and I'm not shitting you Billy this is crazy' Steve exclaims crossing his arms, I couldn't help but scoff and roll my eyes.

'Look you piece of shit, she is gone Fourteen died' Steve yelled , Nancy's gaze fell to the floor. 'Well then who was raiding my kitchen cabinets and spent some time in my shower too' I smirk looking Steve straight in the eye

'Don't you fucking touch her' Steve growled pointing a finger in my face.

***
'Wait so Fourteen grew up in a lab, escaped last year and then disappeared' I tried wrapping my head around it.

'Don't tell anyone about her and don't ask any questions' Steve walked away.

***

Fourteen I kept reliving the afternoon with Billy

Fourteen
I kept reliving the afternoon with Billy. The smell of his cologne and cigarettes, his blue eyes. What is wrong with me, I wish Nancy was here she would know what to do.

I wrapped Billy's jacket around my body , shivering.
'Fourteen is that you' I turn around to see Jonathan standing behind me.

Jonathan smiles embracing me in a tight hug. 'Why did you leave' he whispered
'The bad people we're everywhere after we destroyed the demogorgan I had to disappear' I replied letting go.

'It's been a year, where have you been living' we started walking together 'anywhere really the old scrapyard mostly' I mumbled

'Jonathan if they find me again' I look at him my eyes water and I swallowed trying not to cry.

'Stay with us..,you helped find Will and saved me from a demagorgan, it's the least we can do. My mum won't let the bad people know, your safe' Jonathan and I walked to the forest edge and stood by his car.

***
We sit in the kitchen of the Byers house drinking hot chocolate.

'I met someone' I smile
'Who , when' he responded laughing,
'A week ago his name is Billy Hargrove have you heard of him' Jonathan's face suddenly drops.
'He's bad news, you should stay away from him'
'Well it wasn't serious he just.. it's complicated, I only met him once' To say I was disappointed was an understatement.

Suddenly the door opens to reveal Ms, Byers and Will. 'Mom someone's here' Jonathan called out.
Ms, Byers and Will step into the kitchen, I look up at her smiling
Joyce dropped her bag in astonishment and let out a gasp before giving me my second Byers bearhug.

'Will sweetly, his girl helped save you from the upside down' Joyce informed the boy.
I smile at the boy and he smiles timidly back.

***
'This room should be ok' Joyce says as I enter the guest room filled with boxes and storage. 'It's perfect' I whisper 'Ms, Byers I can't put  you guys in danger, if they find'  I sit down on the bed beside Ms, Byers.

'Don't think like that , you can be apart of this family if you want to be and in this family we protect each other '  Joyce smiled and I rested my head against her shoulders .

I take a deep breath looking at my wrist 'I'll get you some pyjamas and we can talk about everything in the morning ok' I nod.

For the first time in a long time I fall asleep with a roof over my head.

-------------------------------------------------------
Short but sweet ... hopefully 😊