Chapter Fourteen

***A/N: THIS IS LONG THIS IS SAD. 2019 WORDS AND YOU'LL WANT TISSUES.***

"Remington," My voice is just above a whisper. My hand is on his cheek and his eyes are barely open. "It's okay, baby." The tears start to cascade down my face, until I'm fully sobbing. I clench my eyes shut and barely register anything until I feel Remington's hand on my face, drying my tears as best he can with one hand. 

"Nina, baby girl, please." He mutters, voice cracking. "I'm not in pain. I promise."

"I don't wanna lose you." My eyes open, and that's when I see there's tears leaving his as well. Remington's bottom lip trembles and tears paint his cheeks. His eyes hold an emotion I've never seen before. 

"You have to promise me you're gonna be okay." Remmi's voice is cracking and shaking. I'm aware of his mom and his brothers behind us, but right now we might as well be the only two souls on the planet. 

"Remmi, baby-" He shakes his head and leans forward to connect our lips.

October 15th. 11:32 P.M.

"Nina, I swear." His jaw clenches, but quickly releases. "Nina, just because I'm leaving this world does not mean you have to. You have a life. You're gonna have a great one. You're gonna go to film and photography school and....and you're gonna change lives of people all around the world, goddammit." Remington's sobbing now, nearly choking on the tears and lurches. We both know he doesn't have long. Tonight....is going to be his last night.

"I'm scared." He speaks after a few seconds of silence. "I don't want it to hurt, babe."

"It's not gonna hurt, Remington." My voice breaks. "You're gonna be okay. Out of pain. At peace. At ease."

"Is it a nice place?" I nod, smiling down at him.

"I like to think so." I can't stop my sobs. "I think it's a place nothing like this world. No violence. No sickness. No hurt."

"But it's a place without you....so it can't be all that great, can it?" I shake my head.

"No, baby. I'm gonna be here, but in a little bit I'm gonna come right up there with you and we can spend the rest of eternity together." Remington is the one shaking his head now.

"No. Not until it's your time." He grabs my wrist and pulls me closer to him. His breath hits my face, hot. "You cannot leave here. I know I'm leaving you, but I don't have a choice. Just.....you'll see what I mean in a bit."

"What?"

October 15th. 11:41 P.M.

"I'm tired." Remington says, tears falling harder. "And not in the physical way. Can we cuddle?" I smile down at him.

"Yes, baby. Of course." I lower myself down onto the bed and wrap my arms around him, cuddling close into his chest. Remington's arm wraps around my back, and my leg slips between his. "I love you so much." He doesn't answer, only grimaces in pain and shifts his hips. 

"Port," He winces through gritted teeth. "Fuck; okay. I love you." 

"I love you, too, baby. You're gonna be okay."

October 15th. 11:52 P.M.

"Am I gonna be okay?" Remington's voice breaks as he speaks. "N-Nina? Am I gonna be okay?"

"Yes, baby." The sobs return. "Yes, baby. You're gonna be okay. And eventually, I'll be up there with you. To spend the rest of eternity with you." I try not to let him see the amount of anxiety coursing through me. I want him to think I'm okay so that he stays strong. I want him to think I'm not affected by losing him. Even though I cannot stop sobbing.