THIRTY NINE

REAL LIFE WOW WHOS AN AUTHOR?? FUCK WITH ME

Finn could feel nerves rising up in his throat, painfully aware of the way Matilda was holding his hand as she pulled him through the doors of the book store. She was so excited to show him Powell's, the biggest book store in the world. It was her favorite place in Portland.

Once they pushed through the little crowd gathered near the front, and to a more empty section of the store, he expected her to let him go. But she didn't, even when she slowed down to a regular pace, and stopped pulling him along. They were walking side by side, their fingers still laced into each other's.

"I know it's not like, the most exciting place," she mumbled, their hands swinging back and forth inbetween them, "You're probably kinda bored, but I just like walking around, it's quiet and it calms me down a lot"

"I'm not bored," Finn said, looking over at her and smiling nervously, "I mean, I'm with you so"

"Woah," she laughed, bumping his arm with hers, "That was smooth"

"I know it was, thank you," he nodded, his right hand shoved into his pocket, "I worked really hard on that one"

They walked up and down the isles of books for a while, Matilda dragging him up the stairs to the second floor to the store. She pulled him along behind her before she let go of his hand, much to his dismay, and started looking around a shelf. She looked so focused, like she was a bit panicked looking for something.

'It's now or never,' Finn thought, wiping his sweaty palms off on his pants, 'Well, not never I could always just do it some other tim- No, no I'm doing it now. Do it Finn, don't be a puss'

He opened his mouth to say something when she make a little squeaking noise, pulling a book off the shelf and turning back to him. She handed it to him, a wide smile on her face. He took it, a confused look on his face as he looked at the cover. He couldn't tell what book it actually was, because it had a printed out Super Troopers poster taped over it, "What's this?"

"Open it," she smiled, bouncing on her heels a little bit, pointing down at the top of the pages, "On the bookmark"

He'd never seen her look this excited as he pulled open the book, pulling the bookmark out. A lot of the words were blacked out, "What?"

"Read the words that are left, you dummy"

He looked back down at it, at the different parts of two pages;

'▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ hey ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ i think ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ you're ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ really ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ cute ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ i ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ like ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮you ▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ a lot ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ maybe we ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮could ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ hang ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮out ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮ or something ▮▮▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮ ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮'

"Oh my God," he laughed loudly, looking back up at her from the book, "What?"

She smiled, "So?"

"Are you asking me out, with vine reference that you blacked out into a book?" he asked, closing it slowly.

"Yes I most certainly am," she nodded, her hands on her hips, "Millie told me you kept backing out of asking me so"

"I'm going to hit her with a tree branch," he sighed, not able to wipe the smile off his face, "How did you find a book with all this exact words on two pages?"

"It took me a lot of googling and a lot of reading," she laughed, her hands clasped together behind her back as she took a step closer to him, "Can you give me an answer before I like, pass out?"

"Oh shit, yeah," he laughed, nodding rapidly as he stepped closer to her too, "Yeah, of course"

"My longest yeah boy ever," she said, her arms wrapping around his shoulders, "Okay, that was too far, too many memes"

"Yeah, lets stop with the memes," he laughed, leaning towards her. She leaned her head up, pushing herself up on her toes a little bit.

"No!" they both pulled away quickly at the sudden yelled, looking over at Joe who was now standing at the end of the isle they were in, "No PDA! I am your mother, and I say no"

Matilda just laughed as Joe stormed towards them, grabbing Finn by his ear jokingly, "I am disgusted, I am revolted, I dedicate my entire life to our lord and savior Jesus Christ and this is the thanks I get?"

"No more memes!" Finn sighed, smacking Joe's hand away from his ear, "I've hand enough of the memes for today"

Matilda just rolled her eyes, grabbing Finn's hand in hers again, "Come on, idiots. Let's go"

||||

i picked the happy ending bc my life was at stake i was afraid of y'all killin me

so there's gonna be one more chapter maybe and then this is done y'all

also hi gabby i love u bitch