The four horsemen of the apocalypse

• Dedicated to to all of you kohais

1. The beginning

I have a lot to say about what has happened in the past week. I could jump to the exciting parts, but I have decided to do what most stories do, start from the beginning.

¨¨¨

It started off in another normal day in the life of Sami Toa. "Yo, Toa! Nice shoes! Where'd ya' get 'em? The 1960's?!" Trent and his group broke out in laughter. I looked down at my raggedy worn-out converse, waved the insult away, and continued to my next class. I didn't look back at the hackling fools insulting me behind my back, for one day, they would be begging on their knees for my help- but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I walked into my next class and sat down at the very back. "Good morning class." Mrs. Devan, my math teacher, said with her perky, high pitched voice. She had long curly black hair and glasses that covered her brown eyes. Half of the class muttered hello or good morning back. 'Damn, how is she so energetic this early in the morning? The majority of the students are putting all their effort into keeping their eyes open.' I thought "Don't forget to copy down your homework. I almost forgot! Pop quiz today class! I hope you studied!" She exclaimed. The class groaned and cleaned their desks.

Mrs. Devan handed out the pop quiz and sat down at her desk and kept a watchful eye on the class. "And keep your eyes on your own papers." She said with acrimony and glared at some of the students who were known for cheating. I looked at my test. 'Yeah, I'm so gonna fail this.' I thought to myself.

After about 10 minutes of staring at my page and winging the hell out of it, I turned it over and wished for the best. Mrs. Devan stood up and silently collected the quizzes. I sighed and packed away my notebook. "Oh! Silly me! I apologize, I keep forgetting things today. Here's is your homework for tonight," Mrs. Devan exclaimed and handed out the packet. The class groaned again. I shoved the paper in my book bag as the bell rang and stood outside the class room.

"So you actually waited for me this time." My friend, Natile, stated and started walking again. I walked next her to our next class. Gym.

"Mrs. Lee hates me." I said. Mrs. Lee was our gym teacher who despised every cell in my body with hate that came from the deepest cracks of her small shriveled heart, and no, that is not an exaggeration in the least bit. We approached the locker room. I shrugged off my book bag and threw it into the corner.

"She really does. She doesn't even bother hiding it.' Natile agreed. She ran her hands through her thick blond hair and tied it in a ponytail with a blue hair band. I took off my jeans and put on a pair of leggings and tied my hair back.

"Well she loves you, Nat. You're clearly her absolute favorite." I told her and excited he locker room and entered the huge gymnasium.

"I'm everyone's favorite." Nat said with a grin. Mrs. Lee instructed us to sit down on the floor.

"Tara Anderson?" Mrs. Lee called out to the class.

"Here," a small brunette girl responded quietly.

"Savanna Black?"

"Here," a thin, tall, model-looking called out.

Mrs. Lee continued calling names. She had short salt-and-pepper hair that barely reached her chin. Her hazel eyes that were filled with disdain, followed my every move, waiting for the moment that I made a mistake.

"Sami Toa?" Mrs. Lee spat out and glared at me.

"Here," I responded with no emotion.

'Natile Forest?" She said admiralty.

"Here," Nat replied happily. I glanced at her and she shrugged.

"Today we are going to practice our soccer skills. I will pick partners." Mrs. Lee announced. "Natile and Kaylee, Tara and Kristin, Mary and Isabel, Sara and Kerry, Sami and Jasmine, Savanna and June, Olivia and Gabriella, Kim and Danielle, Lily and Hannah, Evelynn and Calli. Start with passing, then take turns dribbling, then shooting."