Chapter 17

After my mom went inside, I sat on one of the plastic white chairs on the stoned area. As James was mowing my lawn, I noticed that him arm muscles were more toned than before. Seems like he had been working out. James must have noticed me eyeing his muscles, because when I looked up at him, he was smirking. I rolled my eyes in response. After around 45 minutes, he was coming to an end. He turned off the lawnmower and I held the door open for him again. I opened the garage door again and pointed the spot where the lawnmower was.

As James put it away, he came to me and flexed his arms muscles while grinning at me and saying "Looks like someone noticed something different and couldn't keep their eyes off of me."

"My mom told me to watch you." I explained.

"Or did you just want to watch me?" James raised an eyebrow as we exited the garage.

"No." I casually replied and tried to throw in "Have you been going to the gym?"

James laughed and I laughed along with him before he answered "Yes."

He held the glass door open for me.

"Thank you. What a gentlemen you are, Sir James." I said in my best fancy accent.

"You're welcome, lady Y/N." James said in his best fancy accent.

His accent was better than mine. He held the regular door open for me as we laughed and went inside.

"Mom, he's done!" I screamed once inside the house.

My mom rushed to the door and handed James some money, but I didn't see how much she paid him.

"Thank you." He said, putting the money in his pocket and turning around to leave.

"You're welcome. Goodbye!" My mom replied and headed back towards the kitchen.

"Bye Y/N!" He said, waving at me.

"Bye James!" I said before he wrapped me in a big hug.

He smiled and turned away, and I waved at him until he was gone. I didn't want to wash away the smell of AXE, our favourite cologne, so I decided to wear this for the rest of the day.

At 3:00PM, Louis texted me to meet him in the park. I replied with a simple "ok". I told my parents where I was going and I left.

"Hey Louis!" I greeted him, giving him a hug.

He was wearing a hood so people wouldn't recognize him.

"Hi y/n!" Louis greeted me back, before sniffing me and asking "Why do you smell like cologne?"

I didn't know what to say, so I told him "Did you forget how much I love the smell of AXE?"

He shook his head, but didn't question me any further.

"So why did you want to meet here?" I asked him.

"Well, I'm going on tour earlier because there was a mix up and so our concert is actually earlier, so I have to leave earlier." He confessed.

"Well, that's fine. At least we have a couple of days before you go!" I pointed out, trying to look at the bright side.

"About that..." Louis mumbled, "When I said early, I meant tomorrow."

"What! We only have one day together! Then you'll be gone for so long!" I said, taking it all in, but my face was full of shock.

"Yeah, so I thought that maybe we could spend the rest of the day together. And maybe have a sleepover?" Louis suggested.

God, it was so hard to say no to that adorable face. But I couldn't sleep over at his house anymore. Ugh!

"I'd love to spend the rest of the day with you. I'm obviously going to go and see you off tomorrow as well." I answered thoughtfully, but I had a great idea suddenly, so I added "Why don't I ask if you could stay over at my place for a change?"

"Your wish is my command!" Louis responded in a robot voice.

We both broke into hysterics of laughter, as we held hands and headed to his house, to go swimming. I remembered that I needed to grab my swimsuit and towel, so I quickly went home to grab it. After I packed my bag with swimming stuff, I went to my mom.

"Can Louis stay for the night? He's going back on tour since there was a mix up with the dates." I pleaded.

"Y/n, have you forgotten what I said to you a few days ago? You're too old now for that stuff." My dad reminded.

"But we're gong to be in my room, and I sleep with a nightlight and the door open, just in case of an emergency. Besides, we bought took the virginity pledge together two years ago, in case you've forgotten." I shot back.

"Fine. But I'll be checking up on you guys constantly." My dad agreed, finally convinced.

"Ok. Thank you." I said, leaving "Bye!"

"Bye sweetie!" They yelled back in unison.

I went to Louis's house and told him the good news. I spent the day with him and had dinner at his place. Then, I left him to pack and went to my house to make room for him. I was so excited for him to come. It would be a throwback since we haven't had sleepovers in a really long time.

I finished fixing up my room and went downstairs to wait. I'm pretty sure he was packing 20 hair products, due to his obsession with having his hair perfect. Finally, the doorbell rang. I ran to open the door. He came inside and greeted my parents before following me up the stairs.

"When are you leaving?" I asked him.

"I have to be at the airport at 12:00AM sharp." He responded.

We played videogames and kissed in between, but we would break apart if it sounded like my dad was coming to check up on us. After we just chilled together, savouring every moment. Around 10:00PM, we decided to go to bed.

"You can pull it out." I ordered Louis.

"Whatever you say, y/n." Louis said half flirty.

We both giggled as we pulled the bed out. I had one of those cool beds in which there was a pull out bed underneath. We both changed and went to bed.