ResOnance!

Ohai, Hype here :> I'm starting out with a story here called ResOnance, and this is only a chapter BEFORE the first. I hope you like this, and if this draws out many questions from you then that's great. :D This will be a tale about two fates, two existences that go hand in hand, both created artificially. Two existences meant to resonate in order to survive. I wouldn't say any more than this about the plot and I'll let you people read on your own already...

Enjoy~! :D

------------------------

I'm still running. 

I know very well that I can't keep running forever, that the facility staff will catch me eventually but I don't care what happens to me anymore.  

Carmen(or parent A) said she didn't want to leave without getting revenge...I don't blame her for that.

But I don't think it's worth it anymore.  

She's pregnant.

I am too.

I just want this baby to be safe and live a life outside this facility - not like the one I lived since getting kidnapped from the outside years ago. I'm tired already, and yet all I could see is what's ahead of me.

I have to keep going. I can't give up now that I've found a highway already, it's still within their reach.

There's a pair of lights nearby. Seems like a car. My legs hurt, and I guess it's almost time for her to come out. She's kicking...I need a name for her if I even survive this thing.

Maybe they'll save us...maybe they could save her, give her a life so different from mine, a life without test tubes and drugs, a world where she could choose her own future or at least live a normal life.I could only reach the road just nearby the facility area, but the car from afar seems to be slowing down.

Please save her!

--------

I woke up to the annoying sound of the alarm clock ringing. Looking both ways, I reassured myself that I wasn't still dreaming. Many questions, though, were stuck in my head. Who is that woman? Why was she running away? What exactly was she running away from?

Of course everything was a product of my imagination. They had to be.

I checked the time, it was 6:30 in the morning and I had exactly thirty minutes to prepare myself and leave for school. I quickly folded the cream colored blanket and rushed to take a shower.

It was actually the third time I've had this dream already, about the thoughts of a pregnant woman running away from a certain "facility". She wore a patient's dress, one that was white and the length of which passing the knees by around two inches. Her face made her fatigue and worry evident, though she kept going. Her feet were bare and had cuts all over from walking in such a state. Her auburn hair was cut short, her eyes changing color at a rapid pace. They changed from sky blue, to sunset, to the color of blood. And crimson turned into violet, then back to the blue it used to be.

I figured that this pregnant woman somehow lived her life inside the facility, getting tested on. What I didn't know was why they hadn't aborted the baby. Wouldn't it obviously be abnormal if they kept up with the experiments?

Though it could also be the motive of whatever place she was in before, couldn't it?

I gulped as I watched the water slide down my arms. Shaking my head, I wondered why I was even trying to analyze her. It was a persistent dream, nothing more.

I stepped out of the shower feeling refreshed.

I had a strong desire to know her, as if by knowing her I'd know myself more. I knew I had to shake it off so I shook my head again.

A woman pregnant with a baby girl running around...that isn't something the media would usually let go without recording it. So if ever this whole thing turned out to be real, there had to be records.

"Why am I thinking of this as real anyway?" I told myself, trying to drag myself back to reality.

I had to get ready for school, so I did.