Chapter Eleven

Max's POV

We get back to camp and David is freaking out. "David David David," Y/n says to David
"Uhm-OH MY GOSH Y/N WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!" He crouches down and looks at her arm, she has her head down so he or what now is the small crowd of campers won't see her bruised face and blackened eye.
"David, please be quiet I have a headache and it's really bad" She slightly looks up and David gasps loudly- again, David you idiot he picks her up and hurries her over to one of the cabins.
"David! I'm fine! I've had worse. Really put me the fuck down!" She called but didn't thrash or kick. I followed behind quickly. That statement made me worry.

"Max I'm so sorry. I would've let you go if you told me one of the campers were over there! That's a terrible place!" The tall man says while putting a patch on y/n's left cheek and giving her some medicine to decrease the pain.
"David its alright I would've said the same and done the same, to be honest." She says softly, I look up in slight surprise.
"Really?"
"Yes, of course, I would!" She coughs a bit. "Why wouldn't I go over their and save one of my friends?" She winks when she says friends and I blush over that. God, I shouldn't be blushing over as simple as that. But we didn't want anyone knowing other than the only other two that know, Nikki and Neil.
David is smiling like an idiot over the positivity from that little statement. He gives her a small ice pack to put on her eye to help it go away.
"Could I have another, They punched my stomach or abdomen and it hurts like hell. And thanks again Max for saving me I don't know how I would've gotten out of there." David finishes by putting a bandage on her arm and giving her another, she doesn't need the bandage, but she said she doesn't want to look down and then what she sees is a badly bruised arm... Again?? I don't question it and neither does David.
"Its no problem I guess I mean I saw two people, got close enough to recognize you and that bastard-"
"Language Max" I ignore him and continue
"So I hurried over and told Nikki then went once and tried to get a boat as fast as possible." Y/n nods and gives me a soft smile making me smile slightly.
"Welp! Knowing that Y/n is taken care of, Max, do you need anything?" I shake my head looking up at him with an emotionless look. He smiles in response, of course, he does.
"No then! You two can have a free day if you'd like knowing from the pain and what you just kinda went through.." He has a worried expression, the two of its instantly nodded.
"Righty-O! You two just go to your tents or wherever you'd like to be for now!"
"Alright, thanks, David.." He nods and beaming brightly before he left. Ew.

Y/N's POV

I hop off of the table David had set me on, I now had a few brightly decorated bandaids on my legs from the cuts and scratches, god what'd they or he do when I was out? God.

Max and I agreed when David left, I went back to my tent where I lied on my bed while he played random small pieces of music on my acoustic instrument. While keeping the ice on my stomach, hoping those painkillers would take effect quickly. I snuggled in my blanket watching Max play, he looked cute while trying to play, he didn't exactly how to hold it so I sat up with him and showed him how. I stayed sitting by him slowly lying my head on his shoulder, I'm pretty sure he knew I was blushing or at least a little flustered by how hot my cheek was. I slowly fell asleep to the same song he played for me the other morning.

~-Dreamscape-~

It was dark, like Night dark, I was outside looking at the stars, god, they looked so much nicer than the ones in town, you can see all of them there were no city or town lights lurk, it was peaceful, all I heard were bugs and a fire crackling behind me. I sighed relaxing. This is real, right? And Max will be behind our beside me, right?
I sit up and look behind me my eyes instantly go wide I stand in Shock, surprise, and fear. A humongous and an in the solid dark shade is stands behind me. I gasp out and instantly start having a panic attack.
"N-No tha-Thats. Not. Real that can't be.." I say to myself. I look around quickly and see that one of the cabins are close beside me.
I hurry and sprint over there not wasting any time. The thing chases after me when I start off, I've once I'm in I instantly slam the door and turn, expecting to find myself in David's or Gwen's cabin. I find myself in my house, the one I left for the summer. I cough smelling alcohol, and the slight stench of cigarettes on my father's coat, and the room. I head to where my room would be. Thankfully it is mine and how I remember it the walls my f/c but in more of a pastel tone and the same pastel color and white honeycomb, lanterns suspend from the ceiling. I inhale and smell the anti alcohol/smoke room.
I sit on my bed and look out the window that closes by it. I close my eyes but suddenly my door slams open and jolt awake breathing heavily and looking around frantically.

Max is staring at me wide eyes holding my arms to my sides.
"Y/n! Y/n! Hey hey, it's alright, you're okay, you're safe here. You're safe right now.." He says trying to comfort me, I enjoy that he's trying to help, and it does, my breathing slows back to a normal pace and I take one last sigh.
"S-sorry about that.."
"Don't apologize its alright I get them quite a bit too." He drops his hands from my side and I hug him, he hugs back and I smile at that and that he understands.