Chapter 24

Hey guys, It's been close to two months? I can't count since the last time i uploaded. I've been buuuuusy. I gots meself a job, yesh. Gonna spend all that hard earn cash on something very necessary: Pokemon plushes and merchandise. Yes, Pokemon is my lifeblood. Without it, i shall wither like an old man's pee pee.... oooookay, i just grossed myself out. 

Nothing interesting really happens, but that's my opinion. So enjoy the chapter. 

©All Rights Reserved 

Chapter 24

(Alan's POV)

It's been three days since the last time I saw Chase, but I'm not all that surprised since his work literally devours up a person's free time. Hopefully he's getting enough sleep, what with those prominent black smudges underneath his eyes when he visited. He should at least take a nap every chance he could get. I don't want him getting sick or collapse from exhaustion. Maybe i should bring him something nutritious that'll boost up his energy, but i don't want to be a bother. It's not like I'm his boyfriend or anything.

Which brings me to the question that's been plaguing my mind since i woke up the next day after Chase visited: What is our relationship? I cannot say that we're friends anymore since we've already kissed multiple times -- cue the blush -- but i also cannot categorize ourselves as lovers or even a couple. So what does that bring us? I don't know. Why did i have to kiss him? Our friendship has been doing great with little to no problems and i had to muck it up by kissing him back. I could have pushed him away, stopped him from doing anything that would ruin the relationship we both had, and now... I sighed wearily.

I trudged my way through the hallway of the animal hospital, belongings in my hand as i made my way to the check out to leave for the day. Let's not think about Chase and relationships for now. All i want to do is go to the nearest Ross, buy some new bed sheets -- Shadow decided to be mischievous with Mochi and tore up my bed with his claws -- and head on home to shower off animal gunk i have on me, then sleep the rest of the day away. Shadow trailed behind me, claws clicking on the tiled floors while Mochi took a nap in my coat pocket.

I checked myself out and took a step out of the doors of the exit when my phone rang. I absently slid my phone from my coat pocket and answered without checking caller ID. "Hello?"

There was a bit of static before a voice answered. "H-hey Sky."

"Ian?" I asked as I made my way to my car.

"Yeah. I hope you're not busy." He replied.

"Oh no. You called me right when I checked out from work. What's up?"

"Can you pick me up? I didn't drive my car today and I forgot to bring change for a bus, if that's alright with you of course." Ian stammered at the end nervously.

"Sure thing. Where are you?"

"At the park next to my school."

"Okay. Give me half an hour. Just stay put and don't wander off." I said in a teasing manner.

"O-okay." Then he hung up.

I stared at my phone in confusion, already feeling that something is off. Usually Ian isn't all that forgetful or clumsy, considering how he would always double and triple check everything before heading off to who knows where so it's a huge surprise to hear that Ian forgot something as simple as bus money.

I gave out a high pitched whistle, catching Shadow's attention since he wandered off a little to sniff the concrete sidewalk a bit away from me. He trotted towards me and followed as we quickly made our way through the parking lot to my car and drove away to pick up Ian.