Chapter 9

Jane's POV . . .

      I was so confused, a few seconds ago I thought I got rid of all my problems, but now it is no longer about me. " Jane?", Torch's voice snapped me out of my thinking, and I felt his warm hand on my shoulder.
"What am I supposed to do?", I asked him nearly on the edge of tears while looking at the ground.
"Just ignore it" , he said helping me stand up. Our eyes suddenly met , I was able to feel my heart pounding like a drum, and my cheeks burn hot, but I wouldn't have called myself the most nervous person. Torch was red till his ears , including the fact that he was sweating so much. I broke my gaze trying to get rid of the awkwardness.
" Umm there is a restaurant close from here do you wanna go there?" , I asked and started walking away awkwardly. I looked at the red tulip that was in my hand, and I felt a soft smile spread on my face.
" Are you coming?", I asked turning back to him. " Yeah sure wait up!" , he answered in a hurry.
"Try catch me then!", I said childishly and broke into a run with Torch chasing me. ' It feels like I am playing with my little brother' , I thought as I ran past the small shops . " You won't last long Jane!", I looked back at Torch and was surprised that he was catching up with me. My legs tried running faster, but I ended up bumping into someone. "Ahhh!", I stumbled backwards , and heard the person moan a little, I quickly stood up hoping I did not hurt him, but my mouth dropped down when I saw Gazel sitting on the floor rubbing his head. "I am really sorry Gazel!" , I apologized completely embarrassed. I could have sworn I saw him blushing, but I just thought it was my I imagination.
"Are you two okay? ", Torch asked finally catching up.
"Your here to?", Gazel asked Torch feeling pissed. I glanced back at Gazel, and analysed his clothing, I was surprised when I noticed that the purple hoodie and simple brown pants made him look really casual.
"What are you staring at?", Torch asked with a small spark of jealousy in his voice.
"Well . . I just thought that Gazel's hoodie just suited him", my face had a tint of red as I spoke my opinion in front of him. Torch glared daggers at Gazel , but Gazel was too busy brushing his hair with his fingers.
"Whatever let's head to that restaurant you talked about" , Torch said impatiently. Gazel finally stood up form his crouched position, and gave Torch a cold look. ' What is wrong with them? They seem like they want to destroy each other ', I turned my hand to a fist , and laid it on my chest. ' This is so uncomfortable ' , my smile drained from my face as I watched them both glare at each other for a few minutes until they noticed my uncomfortable expression.
"Are you okay?" , Gazel and Torch asked with worried tones at the same time. "Oh it is nothing!" , I said giving them the best fake smile I can make. They looked at each other and back to me.
" Well then let's go", Torch said with a lazy voice and started walking away, but he stopped in his tracks as if remembering something.
"Where is that restaurant again?", he asked confused, and looked back to me, I sweat dropped at his question. " I-It is that way", I answered cheaply, and pointed my finger in the opposite direction he was going.
" Oh yeah right!", he laughed awkwardly and started walking again, I just sighed and followed. ' I wonder why Shawn just disappeared?' ,that question was in the back of my mind for a while and was still unanswered. Before I knew it, we reached the resturant, the beautiful aroma of noodles and dumplings filled my lungs as we entered.
"Well well well if it isn't Jane Wolf", said an old man, behind the counter.
He had a white messy hair, a puffy beard, and a piece of purple cloth tied around his head.
"I am surprised you remember my name out of all the people you see in one day", I said happily and sat on one of the stools.
" I see you brought some friends today", he said , turning his attention to my two friends. "Hey you two! Are you gonna just stand there?", I asked with an eyebrow raised. They both shot each other a glare before each one of them sat down beside me.
"What is your order kids?" , th old man asked laying his hands in front of us.
" I will take the dumplings", I answered with a soft smile.
'I have always loved coming to this place ever since Mark brought me here, and I wish that Gazel and Torch will feel the same soon' . I looked at Gazel and stared at his snow like hair which seemed really soft. He finally noticed my gaze, and his eyes went wide for a second before looking back at the old man.
"I will have the miso soup", he said bored. "I will take the Ramen!" , Torch said nearly shouting.
" Well this might take a while, but who is gonna pay? " ,the old man asked I was about to volunteer but Torch nd Gazel raced me to it.
" I WILL!" , they both shouted, shooting each other glares, and standing form their chairs with their hands raised up. I just sat there with no clue of what's happening around me.
"I said I will pay for it!" , Torch bursted.
"Shouldn't you be thankful that I want to pay?", Gazel argued coldly.
" Umm guys" , I had both of my cheeks red as an apple, but I continued talking.
" Can I pay?" , I asked playing with my fingers. I looked at them both and noticed them pulling each other form the collar.