Sneaking Into the Castle

First Chapter! Hope you enjoy :)

  I stood there shocked. Frozen. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. " M-me? A royal? A ruler?" I stuttered not knowing what else to say. Hold up. I might have skipped a few parts. You're confused, aren't you? Let me fill you in...

First off, a little bit about me. I'm not anything special. My name is (Y/N) (L/N) and I am 18 years old. I also lost my parents when I was pretty young, so I stayed with my relatives, usually in different custody each time. Soon enough, I lived on my own and became a well educated teacher. I'm used to being self-dependent, so it wasn't a really big deal to me. The students I taught came over to my home for their classes. I had a pretty normal life, and I expected to live that way until the end, but little did I know that it was going to change very soon.

 One day I was cleaning up after the students were going home. I didn't even notice that one of the students had stayed behind. I was humming to myself when I heard a quiet voice call out. I turned around and saw one of the little girls, Lily. She was always really quiet and I mean really quiet.  I must have only heard her speak two or three times, and to top it off she was also extremely adorable!

 "Miss, can I ask you a question?"Lily asked in a quiet and innocent tone. "What is it?" I inquired, curious as to what was troubling the young girl. She showed me a picture, and I noticed that it was a picture of mythical flower that we were talking about in class earlier today. The so called flower had magical healing properties. I recalled something about her which helped me connect the pieces. Lily's mother had contracted cancer and was very ill. I had an idea of where she was going with this.

 "I heard this flower is in the royal gardens. I was wondering if you can get it for my mother..." Her sentence trailed off as she looked to the floor. I couldn't say no because I could relate to how she felt; I once went through the same thing.

"I'll do it", I said softly, making up my mind, " for you and your mother". I claimed determined to help her. I was taken aback by her next action.

Before I could even blink, she crashed into me with a big hug. I instinctively hugged her back. She looked up and for the first time I saw her smile. I remembered how she had tears in her eyes. Tears of happiness and of sadness. That was when I knew I couldn't back out. I saw myself when I was little. I realized my eyes started to tear up as well.

  "Go on, it's time for you to go home", I said with a small chuckle. 

Time Skip

I dressed in casual clothes and went toward the castle. I saw it from a far distance and marveled at it's beauty. Soon I came to the castle gates. I took a deep breath. I can't believe I'm doing this, I thought, the consequences will be- no I can't think like that. I imagined Lily's face and all doubts disappeared. I climbed over and then everything went wrong from there. I was about to get over to the other side but I lost my footing and fell.

  I closed my eyes preparing myself to fall and feel the pain but I landed in something that didn't hurt at all. Well that's weird, I thought, the ground didn't hurt like I thought it would. I had a feeling of dread that told me it wasn't the ground. I opened my eyes just as a voice asked, " Are you okay Miss? You know you shouldn't be sneaking around like that, someone would think you were up to no good, speaking of which what are you doing sneaking onto the castle grounds?", questioned the voice. It was a bit deep but I found myself too busy to respond since I was lost in his eyes, face, lips, nose, and hair. I gulped nervous about what to say to him. By what I can see in his arms his clothes were elegant and well designed. Oh yeah did I mention that I landed in his arms? Well lets just say I wasn't complaining for now... or ever. I realized that I was staring at him. He was staring at me too but for entirely different reasons. I snapped out of my trance to answer my savior.

  "I-i'm sorry sir", I stuttered,"I was... well I was...", I found that I was unable to answer him. What do I say? 'Sorry I'm looking for a magical flower that doesn't exist but because my student asked for one I'm here. Anyway, I'll be out of your arms for now. Hope there isn't a punishment for breaking into the royal castle. Bye!'

  "Well looks like we need to do something about this huh?", he said still not letting me go. I mumbled something. "I'm sorry what was that?", he asked leaning so close I was aware off how close his face was to mine.

  "W-well you can p-put me down n-now," I said like the stuttering mess I am," I-i mean because aren't your arms tired?". He kept leaning closer, "My arms aren't tired at all so would you like me to stay like this?", he said which made my eyes widen. I imagined that my face was as red as a strawberry. He chuckled and let me down slowly and then I finally got a view of my captor.

(You have to admit that he is hot! Sorry I am fangirling but you haven't even met my favorite yet though so hold tight! anyway back to the story) My heart stopped and suddenly I didn't know how to answer

(You have to admit that he is hot! Sorry I am fangirling but you haven't even met my favorite yet though so hold tight! anyway back to the story) My heart stopped and suddenly I didn't know how to answer. I couldn't believe I was in the arms of someone so good-looking- 

Wait what am I thinking?! This man is obviously a guard who just caught me sneaking over the gates of the royal palace! 

 'Get your priorities straight (Y/N)! This is not the time to be daydreaming', I glanced up at the man who seemed to be a knight from the looks of it. 

'So, not just a regular guard, huh?', I mentally face-palmed myself for the situation I got into. 

The knight spoke, startling me out of my thought process. "This is the part where you explain yourself."  

Well I hope you guys have an awesome day/night!

-V