Court

All Seasonal spirits met at the Palace for the first time in centuries. They were nervous for the last time they had been summoned by the Kings or Queens of the seasons would destroy those who questioned their orders. They quaked in fear at the two imposing figures on the Dias in front of them. Even North was scared.
A lady clad in shades of pink with the emblem of flower and sun and parts of armor looking like vines. A golden crown with jewels that appeared as if the crown was of fire sat upon her brow, smiled gently at the nervous spirits. Her smile was as if a summer breeze had hugged them. Her throne was that of spring, summer, autumn, and winter bound in perfect harmony in a delicate pattern of swirls, flowers, leaves, and vines.
Next to the gentle lady stood a man in armor, silver and blue and a cloak of brown lay across his back. The clasp of his cloak was a flake of snow. His cloak was embroidered with leaves of fall and flakes swirling in the winter wind. His scythe was a decree of his power. Upon his head of icy white hair sat a silver crown with jewels that made the spirits think of ice. The larger throne that was currently empty looked as if the seasons were in synchronized chaos in a beautiful pattern. Where the female's thrown was gold and rubies and all that is warm, the other was silver and sapphire and all that was cold.
Silence reigned as the male helped the female to sit before sitting down himself. Bunny shifted uncontrollably, knowing that they could not speak until the King and Queen of Seasons spoke. General Winter entered the room with Spitfire, General of summer, and knelt in front of the King and Queen.
"Rise." The King stated, voice as cold as the arctic winds.
The two generals, clad in their usual armor, stood on either side of the stairs leading to the Dias.
"Let us begin this session of our court. We are quite happy that you could make it! As is customary, we will listen to your grievances. I warn you, though, to not anger my husband or talk badly about our Harolds as they are our messengers and bring to you the signs of the season's change. Please treat them kindly or ignore them as they report to us all that they do. They do not control all of the weather, but shepherd the storms and try to divert or disperse the worst of the storms." The Queen smiled, her voice was comforting as a pleasant wind in the spring. Many nodded, relieved that one was kind.
"My Lady, winter sprites and fairies are spreading and will not leave me alone. They freeze my hair and follow me everywhere." A fall spirit stated as he bowed in front of the steps. The Lady stood and walked to the spirit, touching his shoulder.
"Rise, my friend. The fairies are lost and wish to find us. Our heralds will help to gather them here. All seasons will have fairies that are bound to follow all of you until our heralds guide them in their job or you bring to us as they are our helpers." She helped the spirit to his feet after kissing his brow, a beautiful flower pattern of gold washed over him and warmth filled him. The King chuckled, shaking his head. General Winter gently guided her back to her throne, a smile of happiness on his face. All seasonal spirits were shocked by the break in the stiffness of the court rules. It made them relax and allowed them to present to the King and Queen the information and the amount of duties that they accomplished. The King rose suddenly, his icy glare locked upon a summer spirit hidden in the back corner.
"Coward, come forward." His icy command caused the spirit to tremble and try to flee. Three guards or the Palace seized the spirit and brought him forth, roughly throwing him to the ground in a kneeling position in front of the angered King. The walls became covered in ice, the door sealed by thick layers of ice, and the temperature cold and a biting wind so cold that all but the Queen shivered.
"Tell me, coward, what you did to my herald?" His voice was barely above a whisper but in the silence of the great throne room, it might as well have been a yell. The spirit remained silent, angering the King more.
"I will not repeat my question. TELL ME NOW FOR YOU ALMOST KILLED MY HERALD!" The blast of cold magic caused all to flinch.
"He was in my territory, my Lord. I knew not that he was your herald." The spirit was defiant to this winter King. The Queen stood and placed her hand upon the King's arm. He nodded and backed up to allow her to punish this spirit.
"Spitfire, this spirit almost killed one of our beloved heralds. We allow you to pass judgment and punishment, but I forbid his death. You will bring him back to us once he has learned the lessons you will teach him." The Queen's anger was as blazing as the summer heat, melting all the ice that had covered the room. Spitfire motioned for the guards to take the spirit away. She swept her golden eyes across the spirits before nodding to all there.
"Please leave before my husband brings his wrath upon all of you. Our heralds will summon you." Her voice caused the spirits to depart.
"My King," pleaded General Winter. "Please rest before you depart to do your duties." Jack Frost nodded as Ember followed her Generals to the holding place.