3. The Lake

We lost our game bad earlier

We lost our game bad earlier. We lost 1-8. Coach got really mad and asked me and Charlie to cheat, and of course we said no. I had busted out of the locker room and decided to blow off steam at the lake. I walk down the snow sidewalk and reach the lake. There is one streetlight shining on it so it cast a errie blue dusk over it. I take off my converse and tie up my skates. I glide onto the ice. I first start to skate laps, I skate backwards, I skate figure 8s, I do all the tricks and teqniques I know. My eye catches the moonlight beaming down on the ice. I stare at it, trying to figure out what to do next.

"Hey, mind if I join you?" A voice asks

"Jeez" I shreik holding my chest. "You almost gave me a " I turn around. There stand a dirty blond, dark eyed boy wearing a hawks jersy. His name was Adam Banks. I turn away.

" A what" Banks pursues,

"Wouldn't you like to know?"I say sharpley.

"Ouch" He cringes and I skate over to the bench to watch him race around. Finally he comes over here.

"So, we haven't really properly introduced ourselves. My name is..."

"Adam Banks, we all know" I say rolling my eyes.

"Whats your name?"he questions.

"Cassie. Cassie Conway." I state.

"Well Cassie you are beautiful."He says. My stomach does some flips. Okay he is a bit cute. "Want to go out there and skate." I nod.

We skate out and do laps and we skate for hours. He slips his pinkie into mine finally.

"Nice moves Banks"I laugh and intertwine our fingers. .

Suddenly he stops and pulls me close. He cups my cheek but does not let go of my hand. You can see our breath and we stare into each others eyes. He leans down and we connect lips. His are so soft and fireworks go off all around in my body. We finally break the kiss because we ran out of air. As soon as he pulls away from me I get chills .

"I better go..My mom uhh..needs me for um...supper"I stammer out.

"Meet here at 8 tomorrow" He asks.

"See you then"and I give him a kiss on the cheek and skate away, put on my converse, and run home.

"Is that you Cass" Charlie yells when I shut the door.

"Yeah" I yell back.

"Grilled cheese is in the microwave....Where were you?" He walks in.

"Why"

"Your blushing and got a geeky smile on your face"He ponders on.

"No where!" I exclaim grab my plate, and run up to my room. I take a shower and put one of Charlies sweatshirt and some black joggers on. I look at my phone and have a text.

"8:00, be there"....Banks

"Ok" I reply.

"Night," He says and I say it back to him and fall asleep with a smile on my face.