Chapter 4: Pop Tarts

Raichu Human sat at his desk in the Team Instinct base. He had called all of Team Instinct to help plan, but mostly to guard the base. After all, Raichu knew he was the brain of the whole operation.

He had been watching the fight with a hacked school security camera. It was not good that Quinci, Shell, and their friends saw the zoroark. Not good at all.

Raichu needed to fix that mess. Now.

                                                       ***

"What was that?" Ravisu said.

"Maybe it's Raichu's secret hologram."

"No," Ravisu explained, "It was more of an illusion. Hmmm.. Let me go to my mind-pokedex"

"You mean mind-palace?..." Bell asked.

"No," Ravisu scoffed, "My mind-pokedex."

"Whatever," Shell said. "You do you." Ravisu rolled her eyes before closing them. In her mind's eye, she saw flashes of pokemon.

"No.." she murmured, "No... No, no no... Hmmm.. maybe... no... I- yes! Here!" Ravisu's eyes flew open. "It's a zoroark!"

"What is that?" Bell asked.

"A zoroark has the ability to create illusions," Ravisu said excitedly, "I've always wanted one of those. I heard there was a nearby pack of them, but when I got there, all of the zorua were gone. Some drought or something. But either way, they're extremely hard to catch, because they can make you imagine things."

"WHAT?" Shell screamed.

"Haha." Ravisu laughed, "Just kidding. It's just illusions, but they are not unphysical. They can extremely hurt or injure you as well as real things."

"Wait a second," Quinci recalled, "wasn't Raichu flying a pidgeotto someplace?"

"He must've been looking for zoroark!" Quinci said.

"Well," Shell reasoned, "If it is a zoroark, then how did Raichu get his hands on it? You said that they're super hard to catch, and Raichu Human is kinda weak..."

"No," Bell said, still shocked, "no one ever beat bellsprout with one hit. Especially no un-pokemon!"

"What now?" Quinci asked, defeated, "How are we supposed to defeat Raichu?"

"Well, he does have one distinct weakness," Shell said, "he's too confident."

Suddenly, Raichu Human approached them.

"You better not be a hologram," Ravisu growled.

"There is only one way to find out," Bell sort of battle-cried, "FOR BELLSPROUT!" And with that, Raichu received a serious black-eye. That is, if he wasn't another hologram.

"Argh," Quinci said, "I thought you had him."

"Greetings, random peepz," Raichu said, "I will offer you a deal. In three days, my zoroark will create illusions in the whole world, and you can not stop me. So, JOIN TEAM INSTINCT! WE HAVE POP TARTS!"

"Eww..." Ravisu complained.

"Eww," Bell agreed.

"SERIOUSLY?" Raichu said, annoyed, "Who doesn't like Pop Tarts? Okay, come to think about it, Pop Tarts are disgusting. But that's the deal. Meet me at Instinct Base in three days... and it's either going to be a battle to the death or a happy team celebration."

The hologram disappeared into thin air. Ravisu, Shell, Quinci, and Bell glanced worriedly at each other.

"I think we should-" Shell started.

"SHH," Bell interjected, "Look. A camera!" She waved her hands at the device.

"HIIIII!" Ravisu said in an annoying, squeaky voice.

"Okay," Bell signaled. "I think he's not watching, continue, Shell."

Shell rolled her eyes, "So what I was going to say-"

"WAIT!" Ravisu cried. "He is still watching."

"And how do you know this?" Shell asked.

"Oh, because he's right there," Ravisu pointed to a classroom.

"And you didn't care to mention that to us?" Shell argued.

"Shh... let's go attack!" Quinci said.

"No," Shell said, "It's another decoy. How could Raichu be spying from there with no computers to spy from?"

"Good point," Bell agreed.

"So what I was going to say, was that we should join Team Instinct," Shell finished.

"YOU'RE CRAZY!"

"And then we could spy on the Instincts and get zoroark," Shell continued. "Then, we would like, REK everyone there and be like cliche and stuff and like: 'HAHA! We were never on your side! Idiots!' "

"NO!" Quinci said, "That'll take forever!"

"Fine. Then what may you propose we do?"

"Go to the team Instinct base and JUST ATTACK!" Quinci yelled.

"YEAH!" The rest of the group hollered.

"Uhh," Shell said. "I mean, that shows you have a lot of valor, but-"

"COZ I AM ON VALOR!"

"But wouldn't it be smarter to take a Mystic approach? We would have a higher survival rate..."

"NO!" Quinci rolled her eyes, "This story IS ALREADY TEN PAGES LONG! AND I AM GETTING IMPATIENT FOR ANOTHER BATTLE!"

"Fine..." Shell said. "We'll attack in three days."