ONE SHOT ✔

RKB LEGAL FIRM.
NEW DELHI

He shut the blinders and slumped down on his chair not wished anyone to register his presence in the office. Sometimes a darkness is needed to look at the light, Raman Bhalla realised he needed a lone time for himself and he decided to stay back in his cabin itself. He unlocked his iPhone and started to admire his wife picture which he clicked once accidently. The innocence captured through the lenses swept his heart for another time. He lit the table lamp kept on his desk and rested his chin on his palm, the innocent beauty of her didn't allowed him to blink his eyes even for once. The picture was just a week old, the new year bash celebrated in the premises of Solitaire Heights indeed became an affair and his wife shredded her hesitation and joined the dance floor along his siblings. The way she grooved her body on the beats of music, made his heart skipped hard. The sheer pink chiffon saree drapes around her curvecous body gave him glimpse of the beautiful body she had. They almost had an year of marriage but yet they had so many distances between them. She accepted his Mummy Ji and Papa Ji like her own, Romi and Rinki became her own siblings but there was still a gap between them. A ten month long marriage didn't managed to bridge the gap came in between them. He zoomed the picture and his fingers stopped on her doe shaped eyes, the smiling eyes of her gave him solace. She is the woman he always wishes to have in his life, a pure hearted innocent girl who can support him in every thick and thin but he disappointed her badly and now the guilt if hurting her is not allowing him to breath in peace.

Carrying the guilt in his heart he slipped his phone in the pockets of his trousers and went towards the glass windows of his office from where the city was visible. From the distance he was able to see peoples, celebrating and dancing on the occasion of holika dehan. The festival of Holi brought her in his life an year back and today after an year he was thankful of matarani for bringing her in his life. She always proved herself as an ideal daughter in law, a fun loving bhabhi and undoubtedly a caring and supportive wife. She is a woman which every man wishes to have in his life.

But what does he give her in return? The pain, humiliation and tears. Why she is still with him even after the things he did with her. No woman like Ishita deserves the harsh behaviour from her husband but he behaved with her with same, ignoring the fact that how much his rudeness can hurt her. His memory lead him last year of holi's party at Iyyer farmhouse when he saw her for the first time. He was already aware of his father's plan and uninterested to meet any girl but the glimpse of her changed everything. She looked flawless in the white kurti and chudidaar when she first came to greet his father. He forgot to blink his eyes when she came to greet him and asked him to make himself comfortable. Her silky tresses flowing with winds made him weak, her brown eyes left him hypnotised. He found hard to look away when he saw her dancing and enjoying holi along his younger sister.

Raman beta do you liked the girl?

What I can say Papa.

Take your time. Mr Iyyer didn't spoke with Ishita about your alliance yet. Main aur Toshiji chahate the ki tu Ishita ko vaise hi mile aur dekhe jaisa humne dekha hai. Sab ladkiyan ek jaise nahi hoti beta. Ishita se behtar ladki tere liye nahi ho sakti.

The conversation with his father put him in dilemma. He realised everyone in his family had accepted Ishita as his to be wife but it was not easy for him. The broken heart of his didn't wished to give anyone a chance to enter in his life. Several years had been passed of his breakup with his college love Shagun Arora but the scars were didn't healed yet. He dreamt to marry Shagun who meet him in first year of his LLB degree, even after years he find hard to give her place to someone else. His father understood his plight and arranged few meetings with Ishita which were enough to tell him how much different Ishita is and he decided to marry her.