Part 1: Little Elina

"Mommy! Mommy, where am I?" A little girl all dressed up, head-to-toe in a winter parka and snow boots trudged through what seemed like a foot deep of snow. "I want my mommy!" she whimpered again. The moon was shining bright above her as the icey wind stung against her face. She tried desperately to hold onto her hat as the wind howled past her, but it was no use. Her hat flew off of her small head and into the night. "No!" she squealed as she turned and ran for her pom-pom hat. The little girl tripped and fell face first into the freezing snow. She slowly picked herself up from her fall and hugged herself tight in order to keep warm.

"Woah there, little scamp. What are you doing out here this late at night?" The little girl looked all around for the voice, then she glanced up to see a boy lit up by the moonlight, his feet hovering just above the snow. His hair was all white; his outfit seemed thrown together with a pair of tattered, patchy brown pants and an old, blue hoodie covered in crystals. He carried a long wooden stick down at his side and didn't have any shoes on at all. The girl looked up at the boy in slight confusion and lack of comprehension. She sniffled and shivered in front of him without saying a word. The boy smiled warmly and bent down to place a hat on the little girl's head, placing his stick at his side. "Can't be losing this, now can you?" The wind had slowed to a stop, and it had begun to lightly snow around the two.

"I want my mommy," said the little girl with tears in her eyes.

"Okay, don't worry. I'll take you to your mommy, alright?" Said the boy, putting his hand in the little girl's shoulder in the sudden calmness of the night. "What's your name, Sweety?"

The girl met eyes with the boy and adjusted her hat as she answered. "My name is Elina," she sniffled.

"What a beautiful name, Elina. My name is Jack. Jack Frost. Nice to meet you." Jack smiled warmly once again as he took the little girl's hand and shook it. Elina giggled as a response and shook his hand back.

"Jack Frost?" she started, "Like the person who comes around in the winter time?"

"Ah, a believer I see." Jack pushed on his knees and stood up. "Yup. That's me, and I'll make sure I get you back to your mommy. Okay, Elina?" he said, swinging his stick over his shoulder.

"Okay!" Elina nodded, and Jack took her up in his arms.

"Hold on tight!" he exclaimed. Before Elina knew it, they were flying through the air. The snow fell calmly over the whole area, leaving a giant soft white blanket below them. They flew high above the town, house after house until they had finally reached Elina's. Elina pointed, and Jack flew to an open window on the second floor. He climbed into the little girl's room decorated with multiple pastel colors and floral designs. It was absolutely filled to the brim with stuffed animals, bringing a comfy, warm air to the room. "Alright Elina, you should get to-" Jack looked down to see Elina nearly asleep in his arms. This didn't surprise as it was mush too late for this young of a child to be awake.

Jack smile softly and walked over to gently place Elina in her bed. After doing so, Jack turned to the window and was ready to climb out when he heard a small, drowsy voice behind him, "I won't forget you, Jack Frost." Jack smiled once again as he waved a small goodbye to the dreaming little girl and climbed out the window to continue his blizzard.

Elina later woke up in the morning to see it was, in fact, a snow day.

Author's Note:

Let me know if you enjoy my writing. I have ideas for this story but I also have others that are long abandoned that I need to attend to as well. I intend to continue this one anyways. Some chapters may vary in length due to their intention or piece in the story. Please forgive me on that part. If you have any questions, ask away! Enjoy!