chapter 5

After school today i come home and see my sister on the couch, she's not really my sister more like step sister, lexi, and her mate, Scarlett.

"hey, how are you two doing?"

"we are good, how was school?" so even though Lexi is older, I am going to be alpha because I'm actually my dad's blood. don't get me wrong, I love my sister to death but I'm happy I'll be alpha.

"It was a normal day, I had to yell at the other packs beta because he was beating up my newly found mate, I learned that if you mix pink and blue it still gives you purple" I'm joking about that last part, I've known that for awhile 

"oh... that's cool." scarlet said while Lexi just stares at me

"did you just say what I think you just said?" I smile at her, the first real smile in a while. 

"yes?" I sat more like a question then a reply. she stands up the fastest I've ever seen her move, away from scarlet I mean. and she hugs me, just hugs me like it's not weird. 

"I'm so happy for you! i can' 't believe it! you have a mate! you actually have a mate! i never thought you would get one! you are so rude and ruthless! I'm so happy." i roll my eyes as Scarlett walks up to me and hugs my sister and I.

"okay, get the fuck off, i'm going to bed." i start walking up to my room and i hear the girls talking as if i can't hear.

"omg its finally happening!"

"ik, I always thought the alpha needed a luna! and now we have one!" i roll my eyes one last time before i get to my office. 

*NEW EMAIL*

Dear Carter,

         I'm sorry to say, but your mom has been found outside our territory, I'm sorry, but she dead, we think it has something to do with a family of rogues killed her. I am terribly sorry for your loss, and I'm sorry for your father losing his mate. i know she wasn't your real mother, but we could tell you loved her as if she was.  

-alpha nick

Lexi is my best friends character... My friend asked to have a female mate. And I am providing. Do not hate on it .