17 ─ Illegirl

Playing the last melodies, the music slowly came to an end, which resulted in leaving the two in a room of comfortable, somewhat peaceful silence.
Yoongi was the first to speak.

"I missed that. Thanks."

"Anytime." was Haesang's response, although deep down, she knew that this first time would also be the last.

"I didn't know you were this good." he complimented shyly, not averting his soft gaze from the piano keys in front of him. "I mean, I didn't know you could play the violin at all."

The girl carefully placed the instrument back to its former spot while answering.
"I started playing when I was nine . Due to how shy and introverted I was back then, I never attempted to search for a teacher and started practicing on my own. Despite of how I'm still lacking, I want to become a succesful violinist in the future."

Yoongi looked at her, an affectionate smile lifting the edges of his small lips.

"I believe you will."

Even though this affectionate sentence caught her off guard, she played it off by recflecting his expression and forming a genuine smile, replying with a "Thank you."
Ever since they arrived at the graveyard, he had been surprisingly nice and kind to her. Maybe he was someone who needed a little bit of time to get comfortable around somebody and show affection. Her smile however faded away at the realisation that she wouldn't be able to see more of this side of his, considering that these were her last moments with him.

"Thank-"

Slam!

Both Haesang and Yoongi flinched on their seats, taken aback by the sudden ruckus coming from outside. Their instincts made them turn their heads towards the double doors of the hall, but their questioning eyes didn't spot anything unusual in sight.

SLAM!

The following noise being louder and coming from a nearer distance was enough of a warning for Yoongi. Hence, he hurriedly stood up from the stool he was sitting on and located himself protectively in front of Haesang, who was now nervously standing on her feet as well. He knew his defense mechanism did well, upon hearing hasty footsteps growing closer by every second, which was hearable thanks to the echoes emerging through the long and empty corridors at the other side of the door.

Then, in the matter of a second, the doors to the hall slammed open, revealing the figure of a young boy at the doorway.

While breathing heavily, his eyes scanned the room and widened excitedly after recognising two people standing at the far end of the hall.

He closed his eyes and breathed out in relief whilst stepping in.

Haesang scanned him. Just like the clothes, his hair was coloured coal black, bangs parted at the front. Looking all black, his style resembled that of Yoongi's, yet his clothes were more edgy. Something about him was familiar. Yes, she had seen him somewhere before, but she felt difficulties remembering.

"Thank god I found you." the mysterious boy mumbled between uneven breaths while slowly strolling closer to them.

"Stay away, Yugyeom. I don't want to hurt you." Yoongi demanded, his serious and deep tone back at it, pulling Haesang closer to his back.

"They're coming." the boy named Yugyeom spoke, ignoring Yoongi's words. "Jaebum hyung and the others, they tracked her down by her aura. You have to leave immediately before they arrive."