Chapter 1: The Captains meeting

Miyori's pov.

"Run...and don't look back." A young boy, probably a teenager said to a little girl who looks about 4 or 5 years younger than him.

"No. I won't leave you, big bro. I don't want to go alone." The little girl talked back.

"Please. You have to go." The boy said but the girl shook her head 'no'. The boy sighed and held her shoulders. "It's okay. But, you have to stay here." The girl nodded and the boy stepped a bit away from her. He unsheathed his zanpakuto and charged at the hollow in front of him. Lightning sparked from the boy's sword as the girl watched in awe. After fighting a while, the hollow disappeared into thin air. Then, the boy walked towards the girl.

"You were awesome, big bro!" The girl said cheerfully. The boy patted her head. "I guess it's my time." The girl looked at her brother in confusion. That was when she noticed a slash across his torso. She gasped in horror and tears started to form in her eyes. Streams of salty liquid flowed on her cheeks as she watched her brother slowly disappeared into the air.

____________________

I shot up from bed and took deep breaths as I checked the surrounding. "A nightmare again." I whispered to myself. I got up and checked the time. 6:30 a.m. I went into the bathroom and did my morning routine. I wore my usual royal guard uniform and tied my grey hair into a half ponytail. Then, I walked towards the fridge and grabbed an apple. I finished it and washed my hands. I took my zanpakuto and tied it to my waist. Then, I headed to the throne room.

I walked along the hallway and reached the throne room. The guard opened the door for me and I entered.

"Good morning, your majesty." I greeted as I knelt before the Soul king.

"Hikari, I have a special mission for you. Your mission is to defeat an enemy threatening the Soul Society as well as the human world. His name is Sosuke Aizen, captain of the fifth division. He stole the Hogyoku, using its power to turn hollows into arrancars. He is currently in Hueco Mundo along with Gin Ichimaru and Kaname Tosen, captains of the third and ninth division. I have already sent the message to the head captain and he will arrange everything for you. You will be the captain of a squad during your stay in Soul Society. Any questions?"

"No, your majesty. I will complete my mission." I said with determination.

"You may leave now." The king said and I bowed to him before I left the room.

I went back to my home and packed my things. Finally...out of this boring hole for once in a lifetime. Well, I don't have any friends here. People here are no social, like stone statues. So boring. I can't wait to meet new people. I wonder if they are friendly. Maybe I can get new friends! Wait. If the mission is completed, I have to return here again. Noooooo! I don't want to live here. Soul Society must be better than here. I can't believe I have to stay here forever. I sighed as I grabbed my bag and flash stepped to the Soul Society. Before that, I decided to cut my hair short.

**********

Third person's pov.

The head captain of the thirteen court guard squads called all the captains and lieutenants for an urgent meeting to discuss an 'urgent' matter. When everybody have arrived, the room was filled with noises of chatters until the head captain entered the room.

"The meeting shall now commence." He said. "I have called you all here to discuss an important matter that need to be dealt with immediately. As we all know, there was a situation that involved former captains, Sosuke Aizen, Gin Ichimaru and Kaname Tosen, in which they betrayed Soul Society."