47

Waking up this morning, I felt... weird. Like, sore. Everywhere. We somehow ended up in Harry's bed last night, which is weird since I don't recall leaving the treehouse. Maybe he carried me here while I was asleep.

Last night with Harry was amazing, and I know I might have forgiven him too easily, but I don't regret any of it. Drinking was also a very bad idea, given that my head is pounding so hard it might explode. 

I won't lie, I like how bold the alcohol made me. I remember drinking a lot right after my mother died. Some girl in my foster home used to sneak in liquor and we would spend the night drinking in our room. The other girls were so experienced with all that, whereas I wasn't. I was always the good, nice, never-make-mistakes kind of girl. I had to be, for my mother. So when she was gone, I started rebelling, I guess. A little like all those girls who were going through the same as I did. But I grew out of it. I understood drinking and hurting myself isn't going to help me get better, so I healed. Slowly, sure, but I healed. 

And now when I think of that period of my life, that isn't so far away in time actually, I feel like it wasn't even me. It's like reminiscing another person, a person I never want to meet again. Someone who is toxic and dark. It surely doesn't feel like me. 

"Hey, Nan!" I greet my grandmother as I enter the kitchen where she's currently baking cookies. Smells delicious... 

"Hi, sweetheart" she offers a smile as I bend to kiss her cheek. "How was your birthday dinner?" she asks, an edge clear to her voice. 

I look at her, a frown taking its place on my face "What do you know Nanna?" I straight-up ask. 

She sighs, "Harry came by yesterday, he looked panicked."

"Oh, yeah he found his way to me, don't worry about this. It's alright" I smile, easing up her tension.  "Anyways, you have to teach me how you make those incredible cookies of yours" She laughs. 

"Sure, come join me over here" She gestures for me to stand beside her behind the counter and I do as I'm told. We end up spending the rest of the day in the kitchen, she teaches me how to bake cookies as well as other things which she seems pretty passionate about, whereas I'm just glad I get to spend time with her. 

"You're an amazing Nanna you know that right?" I tell her as we clean the dishes, and her face lights up as she smiles. 

"I love you, sweetie, you're the best grand-daughter anyone could dream of" She answers as she softly kisses my cheek. 

After we clean up all the mess in the kitchen, I decide to take a shower, which ends up being longer than planned as I let myself drown in my thoughts. 

When I told Harry he had changed last night, he completely avoided the subject. He apologized for being a jerk but never told me how he felt about all of this. About being so busy, and working so much on his father's inheritance. I hope he still gives himself time to think and relax a little. 

And I sure hope, I proved my point and he'll try to be a little more present in our relationship. 

Harry's POV

Sitting behind my father's desk is something I could easily get used to. His advisers have been coming and going out of the room, discussing deals my father was about to sign or new opportunities given for me to make new deals and all I do is put signatures, decline a few and sign some more. 

That only is enough to fill my pocket even more. 

I have to admit, living with my father's unfinished business makes it ten times easier for me. I get to continue where he left out, and keep building his name. 

"Your father did also buy a building in the city, were you aware?" The old men said. 

"No, in fact, I wasn't. Care to tell me more about that building Mr. Starks?" I ask. 

"It's an office building, most of us his associates are based there as well as a few of his lawyers and real estate agents."

"I see," 

"Well Mr. Styles, you need to know that your father was thinking about changing things there a little. You should definitely take a look at those files. There are a few very good ideas here" He says as he hands me a file, getting up from the office chair in front of me. 

"Will do, thank you for coming, Mr. Starks." He exits the room and I'm finally left alone. I get up and am about to call Eva when I hear a knock on my door. What again? 

"Mr. Styles?" It's Amanda. "Mr. Guffer is here to see you, should I let him in?" She says and I immediately tell her yes. I make a mental note to talk to her later about the fact that she didn't tell me Eva passed by yesterday.

"Mr. Styles!" The man greets me as we shake hands and I gesture for him to take a seat. 

"Guffer, I hope you're bringing good news," I ask. "What did you find?" 

"Well, still not much." Shit. "I've got a few names though but no real tracks." He answers.

"That's unfortunate, but you'll have to dig dipper," I state, although I know he already knows I expect him to do that. 

"I know sir, I'm working on it." 

"Good. I need to find her Mr. Guffer. And by any deeds, I will get what I want." I retort confidently, making the man nod. 

"You can trust me, sir, I won't disappoint you. Maybe we should go over details over dinner?" As he speaks, I whisper in my mind a small message of hope. Find her, please find my mother... 

Eva's POV

It's almost nine when I get off the shower and grab my cell phone. I notice a few texts messages, one from Molly, one from Luke and the last being one from Harry. 

From: 'Molly'   

*Hi girly, was thinking about hitting the club tonight, care to join? ;)* 

From: 'Lukey' 

*Did Molly tell you about the club tonight? You should tag along, I know someone who can get us in no probs*

From: '-H' 

*Feeling very tired tonight, I think I'm going to just work on a few stuff and go to sleep early. Goodnight Angel, 

I love you, -H * 

Oh, I try not to feel too disappointed by the fact that I won't be seeing Harry tonight but I fail miserably. By the time I get dressed I decide to go over to his place, a bowl of soup in my hands, determined to spend time with him. 

I ring the bell and to my surprise, my favorite blond girl answers the door... Amanda... 

"Yes, what can I do for you?" She asks in that bitchy tone of hers, and I try not to hit her in the face with my bowl.

"I'm here to see Harry" I state coldly. 

"He's not here right now, he's out for dinner with an associate. Should I give him a message?" She stares pointedly at the bowl of hot soup in between my hands as she says the last part.

"Actually no. Don't tell him I came by." 

I don't know what's taking over me, but I feel rebellious again. That familiar rush takes over me and without thinking twice I dial Luke's number. 

"Hey, is it still okay for me to join y'all tonight?" I ask 

"Hey, sure! I know a guy who can get us in and give us drinks without needing fake IDs" He answers obviously proud. 

"Cool, now I need to hang up so I can call Molly. I need something to wear" 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Thanks for reading/ commenting/ voting! You're awesome :)

Love you loads! 

-Elie xx