Seriously More Than Words (Miyako x Male Reader)

My first Majikoi story, so if something is slightly OOC, do bare with me. Anyways, my reason for this story is because I can't help but feel sorry for Miyako when she fails to win over Yamato every time. So here's a little something to make it right, cause I do like her.

===============================================

As a friend of Yamato's, you were more than aware of his friends and what they were like. You got to know them all and they were accepting towards you. There was one girl however who when you first saw, you had a massive crush on. 

Miyako Shiina.

At first, you wondered what it was that made you fall for her in the first place. Was it the way she dresses, was it her short and smooth hair, or was it her personality? No matter the reason, you believed that she was the most beautiful girl you ever saw.

But there was one thing that made you stop from getting to know her much more, her obsession to be with Yamato which had escalated over time that Yamato warned you about. You kept in mind of how she acts around him, but you also thought that Miyako deserves better.

It was on one late afternoon, School had just finished for the day and you were somewhat glad to be in the same class as Yamato and two of his friends, so you weren't completely alone. You were on your way back to an apartment that you moved in a while ago, when you noticed Miyako standing outside the entrance.

Then Yamato came by and stopped beside you when he saw her.

"Hey, (Y/N)." He said. "Looks like she's waiting for me again."

"Yeah, but I don't get it." You replied. "Maybe it'll be different."

"I seriously doubt that. Say, mind distracting her whilst I sneak over that wall?"

You blinked at him and noticed the small wall that wasn't as big as the rest of it.

"Are you serious?" You asked.

"Come on, I'd rather get back to my place without being stalked for once." He answered.

You sighed. "Alright, I'll just walk on so she sees me and not you."

"Thanks, (Y/N). I'll owe you a can next time."

You smiled. "You better."

Yamato left and rushed over to the school wall whilst you walked down the entrance and Miyako saw you. You took a split second to notice her eye colour, they were so pure and clear, you almost felt like time stopped for a moment.

"Oh, hey, (Y/N), have you seen Yamato yet?" She asked.

You shook your head, covering it up with a white lie. "Not since class ended, he must've ran off somewhere."

"Right, he's probably avoiding me." It was only then it was too late when she saw a fleeting moment of Yamato running away from the wall he just climbed over. "There he is! Come back!"

She ran in pursuit of him, leaving you alone and wondering why she keeps going after him when it's clear that he's not interested. You then sighed and made your way back to your apartment.

*Time Skip*

When you got inside and laid on your bed, you had some ideas forming in your head.

'Miyako, would it be alright to ask you out?' You thought. 'No, that's too blunt.'

You chose to think it over after dinner and got to cooking. During the waiting time, you received a call on your phone. Dinner wouldn't be ready for a minute longer, so you answered.